IV

chapter name: Dunia

A/N - the castle above is the one that Nick lives in, without as much fire but y'know gotta represent the brand :]

Dunia, the castle that Nicholas was the prince of. He loved it here. The family was great, he had a mother, father, two aunts, and uncle, two twin sisters, and a brother. Queen Aliyah, King Aylus, Uncle Raylan, Aunt Spring, Aunt Jinny, his two younger sisters, Jasely and Tori, then his brother Ryler. The people in his family loved him, and everyone got along fine, despite them living in a hellscape. The people that lived in the kingdom of Dunia, felt no heat, despite the necessary, because the royals could control and manipulate the fire and lava in the barren hellscape.

The people had adjusted to the dim light they had to live in and had accepted that this place, despite how it seemed, was a nice place to live. The people in the city spoke Rin, words of the fire. The language was interesting, and wasn't easy to understand either. Out of the entire royal family, Nicholas, or better known as Nick, had grown to become the favorite pure blood, at least to the citizens. Nick's favorite thing to do with is friends was thrown parties and blast music, and most of the time, anyone that wanted to come was aloud.

-nick's pov-

Nick woke up to a pounding on his door, which wasn't normal. "Yeah?" He heard his mother through the door, "get up Nick, we are all going to the pool for a bit." He smiled, if there was one thing that he enjoyed more than music, it would have to be the pool. Especially if his family was there. Nick was up and getting dressed quickly, he decided on some yellow and orange ombré colored shorts, he ruffled his black hair and smiled in the mirror. Before leaving his room he stopped at his dresser, Nick liked wearing his jewelry.

He put on a few rings, his black cross necklace, along with a gold chain that he had from a few years back. Then he was outside quick-like. He didn't see any of the workers around the castle, which was normal considering that it was Sunday and in Dunia, nobody worked on Sundays, it was simply tradition. When Nick made it to the pool everyone but his uncle was there. He looked at his dad, "Where's uncle Raylan?" His dad shrugged, "Said he had to go do something, anyways enjoy the water while it's cold." Nick smiled before jumping into the water.

Nick and his siblings played a few games before he was called over to the side of the pool by his dad, who was dipping his feet in sitting at the end of the chair that his wife, Nick's mom, was tanning on. "So son, I'm sure you've noticed that we have been talking a bit without your presence. Well now we are telling you what's happening. The three powerful kingdoms, Tierra, Rainz, and then us Dunia, have decided that we will stick within the royal bloodlines to continue our histories.

"Though, considering that we have no daughters as any of the kingdoms eldest, that means that there will be a male to male engagement. Tierra, has offered their oldest son to visit our kingdom and Rainz, and to decide between our oldest sons for marriage. That means that if the Prince of Tierra chooses to marry you, then you will take over the kingdom along with him, and become a very young king. Though, that is all up to the decision that he makes. He will be visiting us in a week or two, I hope you are prepared, but don't feel forced into anything." Nick's dad, despite being a king, was always kind and accepting to his family, and his kingdom as well, he always did things for the benefits of others, despite how it would possibly affect him.

660 words