X

chapter name: 9.

Karl

- - -

Karl woke up to soft talking, he quickly realized he was alone in his bed and quickly sat up, rubbing his eyes as well. He looked over to see Nick and Alex sitting by the bathroom door talking, neither of them seemed to be too happy though. Karl noticed their non-happy faces and got curious. "Is something up?" Alex looked up, "Yeah, George said that you two are gonna be gone for at least a day, something about work." I nodded realizing that we must have a mission to go on.

"Well, work is work." Nick smiled, "Can we come?" I smiled sadly and shook my head no, "Sorry Nicky but it's a family business. I should go talk to George about what we have to do anyways. I'll be back in a bit ok?" They both nodded before I got up to go talk to George, as I went to turn the doorknob I heard a voice from the kitchen, Clay's, "Hey, George is on the balcony." I thanked him as I walked out there.

George was sitting on the floor, his legs swinging over the edge, "Goodmorning Karl. Mom called earlier, told me that we have a mission that we're leaving for this evening." I sat down, confused, "Didn't they tell us that we're suspended from missions until school's over?" He nodded, "Yeah, but this is a family matter, we're going to the Sleepy house for dinner and to talk about some business plans. Mom would go but she's a bit held up back in New York, might be a rat in the system." I nodded in understanding.

"Where do they live?" George looked at his phone, "Half an hour away if the plan goes accordingly then we will be taking in six of the newest people in the bloodline. All teens I'm pretty sure. We'd be taking them into the base, getting them set up for the trainee program. Again if it all goes to plan, then we will start training them two or three days a week. Fully back at work from then on out." I groaned in annoyance, "What are we supposed to tell all of them?" He shook his head, "Just say that we have an important thing to do for the next month, that's how long it's gonna take anyways. Mom did say though that depending on how trained they already are that their brother might run the new unit with all of them in it, we just have to make sure that they all have at least one skill pre-hand."

I nodded understanding what he meant. "Ok, I'm gonna go talk to Nick and Alex real quick." He nodded but before I could stand up his phone started to ring and we both saw mom's number on the screen, he answered the phone on speaker.

"Hello, mother."

"Hi, George and Karl, I thought that I should inform you, if you really want to, you are allowed to bring these new friends of yours with you to the base and the Sleepy family's training. Now, you would have to tell them that your family owns a physical fitness competitive training corporation if they come, and do everything you can to enforce that idea. Over time and once I've met them then we may be able to reveal our true family to them, until then follow my orders." We both responded respectfully and she said goodbye.

I glanced at George again before standing up to go inside and tell Nick and Alex the news. I quickly went back to my room, shutting the door behind me, and now the boys had moved to sit on the bed instead of the floor. "So I was just talking to my mom and George, and yes you can come to work with me today. Though I'm gonna have to ask you guys to be very respectful. See my family owns a prestigious physical strength competitive corporation. We have a family that gave us a exceptionally good competitor years back that is willing to volunteer their sons who have just turned of age, so tonight we are going to dinner with them."

"I'm gonna need you two to dress nice-ish and act presentable tonight, this is a big deal and could possibly get me in trouble with my parents if I manage to mess this up, especially if my guests manage to mess this up for me, ok?" They both nodded quickly in agreement as I remained standing there. "Uhm, I was wondering if we could cuddle for a while though, since we didn't get to this morning?"

Alex chuckled before nodding as Nick got up to pull me to the bed. I smiled, happily.