XI

chapter name: 9

Karl Pov

-

I woke up and felt Alex's arm still wrapped around me, I was peaceful for a moment, that was until the heat that had pestered me the day prior ripped through my body. I almost screamed at the pain, it was fully unexpected and had doubled since the day before, It was insanely hot. My entire body was begging to be caught and I hated it, I hated it so much but there was still nothing I could do to change it. Though the heat was now focused, yes I could feel it in my entire body, but especially in my lower back, my chest, and my face.

I didn't understand why it was so bothersome and persistent, all I could do was wriggle around and try to get comfortable. Accidentally I woke up Alex. He mumbled for a moment before removing his arms for my waist.

"Is it worse?" I nodded my head and could hear him moving around for a second, "You still don't need me to contact my alpha friend right?" I shook my head no, I didn't want to send someone in rut, especially if I could still stand the pain, yes it was pain but I had been through worse mentally many times before. I sat up and the pain seemed to get even worse in my chest, "Agh, my god this hurts." Alex hummed for a moment, "Well, if you want to actually do something then it might help to distract you from the pain." I thought about it for a moment but then realized anyone around me would be able to smell me, and it could send an Alpha into rut, in that case even if Alex did scent me before we left there would still be a chance that an Alpha would overrule that.

"No, I think that we should just stay here, I mean you don't have to but I don't feel like going anywhere right now. Also, I think when I stand up this is going to get ten times worse so could you maybe go get me some food or something to eat?" Alex nodded before smiling and standing up, "I should be back in about an hour, text me if you need anything ok?" I nodded and he left. I sat there for a couple more seconds until I heard the front door slam, meaning he was gone.

I decided that there was gonna be more pain when I stood up, so I was already preparing myself for more pain. I put my hands by my sides and then counted to three. "one, two, three." I had been right, because as soon as I stood up a hot flash went through my body, I actually saw black spots for a second. It was crazy, and not to mention very painful. I almost collapsed back to the ground but instead I tried to stay standing.

It was about a minute later that the hot flashes stopped coming, I was sweating and panting, and I hated it even more now. My next decision was to take a shower in hopes to help get rid of the sweat, because I already knew it wasn't gonna help the heat.