XXX

Dreamnotfound
TW: Mental hospital
Yelling
Cussing
Suicide
Self harm _______________________________________________________________

Today was Dream and Georges four year anniversary, and also the day that George was being released from his stay in a psychiatric ward. Dream was happy about the anniversary, but he wasn't to happy with George. He was supposed to be let out a month and a half ago, but something happened and his stay was prolonged, and George had refused to tell Dream what happened.

Dream had just pulled up outside of the tall white building, he parked in the lot and walked inside. He walked up to the receptionist counter and smiled, she didn't smile back. "Who are you here for?" Dream quickly responded, loosing his smiled, "George Davidson." She nodded and looked at a list taped to the table, then she picked up the phone, typed in his room number, and waited a moment. "Dr.Red, yes, someone is here to pick up George." She was quiet for a moment. Then she looked at Dream, expectantly, he then realized that she needed his name. "Dream Beverly." She repeated his name into the phone, then she set it back on the stand.

"He'll be out in a moment." Dream sighed, and she looked at him again. "Could you tell me why his stay was prolonged?" She annoyingly sighed, "I'm a receptionist, not a doctor, and no, you aren't direct family, ask George himself." Dream rolled his eyes and went to stand by the doors. A moment later he looked up to see George walk out of the double doors, but Dream didn't try to hug him, and George didn't either. They got outside, and Dream started to lead him to the car, but George grabbed his hand before they got there.

Dream turned to face George, who was simply looking at the ground. "What?" George's voice sounded broken when he spoke, "I'm sorry Dream, I-I really am. I'll tell you when we get home ok, but right now, I really need a hug from my boyfriend.." He went silent for a second, but Dream didn't budge. He heard what the boy said next, it was loud and desperate, like he was trying his hardest not to cry right now "Please Dream..." Dream sighed and pulled his smaller boyfriend into a hug. It was warm, and caring, but George could tell that the taller was hurt, and that he felt dejected. He stood there soaking up the warmth, before Dream walked away and got in his car.

George followed and got into the passenger seat. The drive home was silent, and when they walked inside, George had finally calmed down and was ready to tell Dream what happened. George led Dream to the couch as soon as they both got their shoes off, but Dream didn't want to sit by him right now. George understood that.

"Dream, This is- omg this is gonna sound so childish." He looked at Dream, who was also looking at him, George could see the dullness of his eyes, like he hadn't slept in weeks. It broke his heart. "They never told me that we weren't allowed to have visitors. They simply locked me in a room and fed me twice a day for two weeks at first. Then between counseling sessions and group therapy, I didn't get a break. They never once mentioned that we weren't allowed to have visitors. I thought that other people had visitors because they would be able to leave once every few days and the nurses said that they had to go to their 'visits.' They never told me who they were visiting,  I assumed it was family and friends and whatnot. They took my phone and we weren't allowed to have paper or pens for letters."

George took another deep breath and kept talking. "I thought that you hated me. I-i thought that you didn't want to be with someone in a mental place. I thought that you had left, because your 'insane boyfriend got shut up in the nut-house.' I got mad, and I fell into a depression, and then I did something that made them prolong my stay. It wasn't my fault and you have to believe me." George looked back at Dream, he could tell that he was thinking hard. "What did you do?" George took a shaky breath and slowly pulled off his jacket, then he pulled up the sleeves of the shirt he was wearing. He flipped his arms over and faced them towards Dream.

George heard a gasp and looked at his boyfriend, his eyes looked hurt, sad, and full of regret. "George yo- you did this?" George quietly nodded, and watched as Dream took his arms, running his fingers over the now sealed up deep cuts that laid on his wrists. George, owed him an explanation, "I thought the one person I had left didn't love me anymore, so I tried to end it. I'm sorry. " Dream pulled George into a hug, a tight one, that sent a message, "Don't you even try to fucking apologize, it's their fault for not telling you that visitors weren't allowed." George spoke again, "I thought you didn't love me anymore.." then he couldn't help it anymore and started to sob, but he felt safe, he didn't feel alone and unloved anymore. Dream quietly laughed, "I couldn't stop loving you even if I wanted to." He kissed his boyfriend on the forehead, and laid his own head in his hair, drinking in the soft scent that he had so terribly missed.

They sat there hugging for a while, until Dream eventually pulled back. "Why don't we go get a shower, then you can wear another one of my hoodies and we can snuggle up and watch a movie. How does that sound?" George smiled, "That sounds great."