II

chapter name: 2

"So, how long do you plan to be here, Will?" Wilbur shrugged, he didn't know how long he was planning to be there, he just was hopeful the doctors and scientist would be able to help him figure out why he was the way he is. Before he could answer the question there was knocking on the door. Schlatt got up and walked over, opening the door. A nurse walked into the room and glanced at their keyboard before facing the both of them. "From now on, to save time. Patients will be tested and checked at the same time every other day. You will both be together for the check ups, starting tomorrow around 11 am. As long as that time is ok with you to, if not just call the front desk or talk to your personal nurse. It's 10 right now, so go to bed whenever possible, the earlier the better." The guy smiled before turning around and leaving.

Schlatt and Wilbur looked at each other for a moment, until the lights turned off. They flickered before staying off. Wilbur was quiet, and then he heard a weak voice somewhere across the room. "W-will?" He stood up quickly, "Yeah Schlatt, what's wrong?" He heard shaky breathing near him, "I'm afraid of the dark." Then Wilbur felt Schlatt's hand and pulled him back over to the couch, sitting him down and pulling the smaller boy into his lap. "Don't think about the dark. Close your eyes and ignore it." Schlatt did as he was told, and Wilbur thought of another way to help distract the boy.

"Y'know, when I was seven I almost broke my arm, I fell out of a tree but before I hit the ground I levitated for a second, before then hitting the ground. There was a much less amount of pressure, so it didn't hurt me. I didn't think about that incident until maybe middle school, I realized that was the first time I ever did it. It was interesting to say the least when I first floated up to a ceiling. It was at a house party, though, everyone was so drunk they either didn't notice or they thought I had been duct taped up there from truth or dare. It wasn't bad to be up there, I did find out that my girlfriend at the time way cheating on me, I thought she was but didn't really know what to do about it at the time, I was only in highschool. She left me a week later, which is the ironic part."

"Though, the first time I kissed a guy, that changed things for me, haven't looked back since. I don't regret that decision either. When my roommate told me about this place I didn't really want to come at first. She kept talking about it, saying how it wasn't some deadly organization, it was completely free will and many people had always said good things about it. She didn't stop talking about it and to be honest it was starting to get a bit annoying. I finally said that I would come and she was so happy. She planned the whole things, all I had to do was pack, and show up."

It was then that the lights turned back on, and Schlatt slowly sat up again. "Sorry about that, I have some grudges against the dark. Do you miss your roommate?" Wilbur shook his head, "No, because I have a new one right here." Schlatt felt his face flush a bit at the words, but he was also smiling. "Thanks." Wilbur gave a small hum in response, he leaned forward and put his head on Schlatt's back. Schlatt instantly held still, not wanting to disturb the boy behind him. "You ok Wilbur?" He heard another hum. "Tired?" Another hum. "Wanna go lay down?" He didn't hear anything for a moment so he took that as a yes, he grabbed Wilbur's hand and stood up, pulling the half asleep boy with him.

Schlatt dragged Wilbur into the room on the left side, opening the door and quickly admiring the decorations littering the wall and floor. He snapped out of the haze and continued to pull the taller over to the bed. He didn't hear a word of argument. So when he pulled down the covers and shoved the tall boy onto the bed Wilbur went along with it, but he didn't let Schlatt's hand go. Schlatt stood there clueless for a second until Wilbur yanked him into the bed and snuggled against his back. Schlatt didn't mind sleeping here, but his clothes were uncomfortable.

"Wilburrrrr. I need to change, and then I'll come lay down." He heard an angry mumble before Wilbur released him. Schlatt quickly went to his room and changed, walking back into Wilbur's room after drinking some water and using the restroom. When he walked back in, Wilbur had also changed his clothes, and was crawling back into the bed. Wilbur now had a thin yellow shirt on with some black shorts, his glasses were on a little shelf above the headbored. He sat on the bed as Schlatt watched.

Wilbur used a small remote to turn the led strip lights off. All he did was turn on the clock, so the light would stay on, and closed the curtains most of the way. Then he set the remote back down and laid back into the bed. Schlatt walked over a second later and laid back onto the bed. Wilbur went to snuggle against his back but Schlatt didn't accept this. He turned to face Wilbur and instead turned the taller to face the wall, spooning him. Wilbur giggled for a moment before settling down quickly and falling into a quiet sleep.

Schlatt stayed up and thought about the events that had happened in the day. He had met a new roommate, met him and learned about his childhood, had been comforted by the tall boy when the lights flickered, and so on. Then he slowly fell asleep after glancing at the clock. 11:45

That's all for now