X

chapter name: 8

alex pov

I sat there and listened as Karl explained why he was crying. I just listened and didn't say anything while he talked, but I did decide to try and put him in a better mood. "So you got jealous because I went and talked to another Alpha?" He slightly laughed, "Nooo, I didn't get jealous these dumb instincts did." I kept my teasing tone, "Ah, but they are indeed your dumb instincts, correct?" He laughed and dug his nose into my neck, I felt him take a deep breath and felt his muscles relax as a result of my calm scent. "I'm guessing the hoodie wasn't to wierd?" He laughed again, "No I guess not, I'm sorry this is how you had to meet me."

I just smiled at his odd concerns. "It's fine but we do need to talk for a quick moment. The Alpha that might be coming over here if you need it, his name is Nick. Though, because you are an unmated, unscented omega in your first heat there is a very high chance that your scent and clinginess will send him into rut. So to prevent that he said he will be able to have direct contact with you for about an hour, before having to take at least a 30 minute break." Karl didn't say anything for a second, "What's a rut?" I didn't really expect him to know what it is but I was surprised he asked that bluntly. 'It's like a heat but it's the Alpha version, so if he has signs of it then that would mean he would get very protective of you, but he said that he will be able to restrain himself from anything bad as long as there are constant breaks inbetween hours."

Karl was silent for another moment before he nodded, "Yeah, that makes since, I'm just happy that there is someone to help me if I were to really need it, y'know?" I smiled, "Yeah that's true, but I don't think sleep is the best idea for you right now, how about we do something?" Karl thought about it for a moment, "Well, all I really want right now is attention, so if you can think of a better way to give that other than lap cuddling then hit me." I thought about it for a moment, "No I think this is the closest that we can get, but I can do something else that might help?" He hummed in response.

I had no idea how he was going to react to this so I decided to just go for it, I lifted my hands off the fabric of his shirt and instead slid them up his waist under the shirt, his breath hitched for a moment but he didn't say to stop or try to pull my hands away so I continued. I brought my hands around to his back and started to draw random shapes and lines with my nails. At first it sent shivers up his spine but after a few seconds he got used to it and actually started to enjoy it, I felt him relax more into me and I ended up laying down with him half clinging on top of me.

I kept drawing shapes on his back as he slipped into sleep again, this time I fell asleep with him.