II

Chapter name: 1.

Karl -

Where the hell am I?

I sat straight up and noticed that I was asleep, but I wasn't in my normal bed, no I was in a hotel, with my brother George across from me. I leaned over and shook him awake, he sat up in a heartbeat.

"Where the hell are we?"

I glanced around at the room, "That makes two of us..." We were both looking around at the room when George's phone started ringing, it was sudden and made the both of us jump, he muttered a few cuss words before answering the call and leaving it on speaker.

"Hullo boys!" I felt a bit of relief to hear our mother's voice coming through the phone. George was doing the talking.

"Hey Mum, where are we?"

"Well If you recall, the two of you thought it would be a good idea to pull a 'prank' as you call it that nearly cost us a couple of million dollars. Now, when we tried to talk about a civil agreement for punishment about this topic, the two of you ran, so we had you tranqued and brought to a hotel room near an 'A' academic pre-collage school in Florida. It is your punishment to go to this school, and genuinely have all 'A's' on your first and second report card, we will consider shortening the punishment and letting you return home, if you cannot then you will finish the school year."

I rubbed my neck when she said we had been tranquilized. George started asking questions.

"What kind of school it is?"

"It is a prestigious school, one of the hardest in Northern America."

"Is there anything we should know about the school?"

"It has rather wealthy students, and rich ones as well. You have to stay undercover, as far as anyone can know, your parents sent you from overseas for better education, we own an oil company if they ask. Otherwise, you will be living in a dorm on campus, we won't be limiting your allowance or bank account from your missions, but any major purchases must of course be cleared first. You have to make the story seem believable though, use your fake last names if you must. There will be a ride outside the hotel in 8 minutes, she will inform you of anything else you need to know."

"Ok Mum, love you." I repeated the same thing into the phone after George, and she responded with,

"Love you too, when I hang up drop this phone down the stairway, it has to be destroyed."

"Yes, mother."

Then she hung up.

George handed the phone to me and I sighed before getting off the bed and pulling on my shoes, he did the same, and then we left the room to go to the stairwell. Once we got there I leaned over the edge and dropped the phone down the floors. It clanged a few times and by the time it got to the bottom, it was shattered. I smiled and George stepped into the elevator by the stairs, I followed his lead.

On the way down he smirked. "It was totally worth it." We both started cracking up in agreement. When we stepped out of the elevator and into the lobby George seemed to loosen up some. As we walked outside he took a deep breath, "It feels so different not being under the direct pressure of Mum and Dad doesn't it?"

"Yeah, it really does. Oh look a black Mercedes, must be us."

We walked over to the car and stepped in, and we were correct, it was a company car. The driver started pulling out of the parking place and talking to us.

"We're going to our northern Florida base, there your parents have aligned everything for you. Your classes, dorm, everything school-related is already there. Along with new phones, wallets, cards, electronics, and so on, she also has a wardrobe already at the school for you, along with an outfit for you to both wear on arrival."

The lady didn't say anything else as we drove. Neither did George or me.

- - -

We pulled into a garage up to the third floor. The lady got out of the car and we followed her into the building. It was our company building. She led us to a storage room with two tables in it.

"Gather your things and then wait outside of the room, someone will be with you shortly to give you your car keys and anything else you might need."

We stepped into the room and glanced at the tables, immediately knowing who's was who's. At my table was a light purple shirt, black ripped jeans with a belt, and .5 inch platform doc martens. I pulled the shoes on and strapped them into place. Since it was a bit cold there was also a dark purple zip-up jacket that I wore un-zipped. Lastly were some little accessories, colorful gold goggles that rested on my head, chrome AirPods, earrings, for my three different piercings, and rings. At least my parents knew my style if not anything else.

I then saw the white Fjallraven bag and smiled, I loved bags like these, and they were pretty expensive. I looked at everything on the table and began to put the things in my bag. A MacBook Air, Ipad, new iPhone 14, which wasn't out to the public yet, along with a very nice Nixon camera, I wonder what pre-courses they had put me on, and on the schedule, it said coding, psychology, and photography. I smiled and turned to George who was also almost finished getting ready.

George-

When Karl started getting ready I did the same thing. I put on a blue and red 404 not found shirt, a white unzipped jacket over it, normal blue jeans, white Adidas, white clout goggles, and some accessories. A gold choker, and some rings. I also saw some contacts with a note under them.

George,

Me and your mother know that you sometimes get insecure about having your different colored eyes, these are here if you choose to use them.

I decided to not put them in now and keep them in my bag for a while. I unzipped the black Voyager Carson backpack on the table and put my things where they needed to go. I checked my pre-courses and saw that I had coding, psychology and, a teaching course. I shoved the schedule in my bag and powered on my iPhone 14, Karl was doing the same thing as me.

We quickly exchanged numbers and got all of our uploaded data onto the phones. Then we stepped outside the doors and waited.