XXX

//suicide attempt
- - -

George was standing on the bridge, there was a river below, a long 100 feet below. Clay, Nick, Karl, Alex, and Bad were all standing in the road asking me not to jump. Why wouldn't they let me do it, couldn't they see that what I had done to them made me deserve this.

Clay started to yell to me. "George, why, why do you wanna jump, please don't jump!" I just sighed as tears continued to roll down my face.

"Clay you don't understand, you HAVE to hate me. PLEASE, PLEASE, just, hate me. I, I did so many horrible, horrible things to you, all of you, how can you still want me here? How and, why on Earth would you let me stay alive after what I've done. Clay I, I hurt you, I lied to you, your sister, your parents, I lied to all of you and you don't hate me for that?!"

"Nick, I-I got jealous of you, I ruined two relationships that were perfectly fine. I started so, so much fake shit that I shouldn't of, how can you not be mad?!"

"Alex, I ruined you, I dug up your past, I outed you to everyone and then tried to- to- ruin you because of your childhood and ex. I hate what I did to you, and how can you not hate me back?"

"Karl, I tried to guilt-trip you into admitting for something you never did that would have made everyone absolutely hate you. How do you not hate me for that?"

"Bad, I tried to make you seem like a horrible person, I tried so hard to do that for so long and it's horrible. I'm sorry but how do you not hold a grudge or hate me for that?"

"I hurt you all, and it was because I was jealous of you all, jealous that Clay, your family accepted you for being gay. Nick, your dad actually recognized you as a person, and you had two, loyal, lovers. Alex, because the past you had was interesting, and people sought to sympathize with you, Karl, because you were innocent because you had never done anything wrong. Bad, because people, they liked you, you were friends with everyone, and you were nice."

All of them had slowly begun walking forwards and as I took one step backward they all stopped. Clay spoke again, "George we all understand the reasons for what you did, we want to help you ok, we could never hate you George we all love you."

I just sobbed harder, "No you don't understand, you should hate me forever because of what I'd done." I turned around to face the river, "Don't move!" I glanced back at them, they hadn't moved. "I'm sorry ok, and I love you all, been though you should still hate me." Then I jumped.

- - - Clay

As soon as I heard George say that he was sorry I started moving again, quickly, quietly, I made it to the ledge when he said that we should still hate him. He tried to jump, but I caught him under the arms, he was struggling in my grip as he hung halfway over the bridge, I yelled out. "NICK, HELP ME." I heard footsteps and then a second pair of hands were helping me to pull George up again.

We got George onto the floor as everyone rushed over to be near us. Bad was running to go and get his truck from the parking lot by the bridge. George was sobbing and half-yelling at me in hysterics. "You weren't supposed to catch me, why couldn't you just let me fall and drown in the river. I'm not supposed to be here anymore." He stopped taking and just sobbed into my chest as I rocked up back and forth on the pavement.