IV

chapter name: Chapter 3

Nick got back on his four-wheeler and started to drive back to the barn, Wilbur drove next to him for a moment and then revved his engine. Nick looked over and saw Wilbur smirking back at him, in a heartbeat Nick put his ATV into fourth gear and four-wheel-drive before pressing the throttle and racing ahead of Wilbur, in a few minutes he was back to the barn where he turned off his engine and waited for Wilbur to catch up. The taller got there a few minutes later and looked ultimately beat. "Damn, you're fast."

Nick smiled and pat his ATV on the head, "His name is Mars, and he hasn't been beaten in a very long time. Anyway, drinks are already in the barn, I'm gonna go." Wilbur looked like he was gonna say something but Nick cut him off by starting his engine and driving away in the direction of the lake. About three minutes later he arrived at the familiar dock, he took his phone out of his pocket and made sure the ringer was on before walking to the end of the dock. He dipped his foot in the water and was happy to feel that it was warm.

Nick decided to jump in the water, he got a running start and yelled as he went in. The water was warm and felt great. When he resurfaced he looked at the waves he had and some of his happiness dissolved. "Dang, was the splash really that big?"

(Wilbur POV)

Nick had quickly ridden away once I got to the barn, I wasn't gonna bother him because he seemed a little bit stressed out. I was gonna talk to Dream and George for a second though. I walked into the barn and looked around for them, I eventually found them up on the stage messing with the speakers. "Hey guys, I was wondering where Nick might have gone, and what he likes to drink?" They both quickly looked at me and were giving each other looks as they did so. "oh, ok yeah it's definitely you. Ok moving on, he went down a trail to the lake, he likes to swim and fish not really one for the crowds y'know. He likes cokes, there should be a mini-fridge in the third stall with some soda in it, feel free to take a couple for the both of yall, also tell him that the race is an 11:30."

I smiled and thanked them before walking to the third stall in the barn, they had been right because there was a mini-fridge in there with plenty of drinks. I grabbed two cokes and a sprite before walking back out to my blue and gray ATV. I rode to the area where Nick had taken a separate trail and followed it through a small patch of woods before I saw it open up to a huge lake. I heard laughing from the water so I decided to go see if Nick was out there. Sure enough he was out there swimming. I set the drinks on the end of the pier and yelled out to him, he swam over back to the dock.