XI

chapter name: 11

"Oh really?"

Dream let go of the small ring and just shivered. Techno's voice had been deep when he said that, it sent quick shivers down Dream's spine, ones that he didn't specifically dislike. He looked at Techno's eyes a moment later, before returning to face the movie. It finished twenty minutes later, and coincidentally, that's when Techno's phone buzzed. Dream looked at it, "I didn't realize that you had your phone in here." Techno sat up and closed the laptop. "Yeah, I have it 24/7 but other than music, I barely use it." Dream just stared at it. "Could I play some music?" Techno nodded.

Dream picked up the phone and handed it to Techno, who unlocked it and then paired it with the bluetooth speakers in the corners of his room. Dream went to Spotify, and looked up a song.

Cigarette Ahegao- Penelope Scott

It started to play and Dream could feel himself getting lost in the words. He smiled, mumbling the words while Techno watched him. He stood up and walked over to the many drawings tacked to the wall, they were all very good. The song continued as he mumbled and saw the beautiful drawings. He picked up the sketchbook sitting on the desk and looked back at Techno, who simply nodded, as if to say "Yeah you can look." and so that's what Dream did, he started to turn the pages.

(POV switch)

Techno could see Dream's face turn red as he saw the most recent drawing in the book. He smiled as the song continued.

"Liquid eyeliner stuck on the door..."

He laughed to himself, what an odd song. Then he watched as Dream set the book back down. A few moments later The song went off and Dream flopped down on the bed. "That was the song that kept me alive in seventh grade." Techno was confused, "What do you mean?" Dream sighed, and sat up to face Techno.

"Well once in seventh grade, I dated this girl that I really liked. She was nice for the most part, and then one day we got into a fight because of something and we broke up. A week later and I wasn't over her, so I asked for a second chance and got one, but then she just stopped responding. That was the sixth time people I was dating just stopped talking to me, randomly, by that time I wasn't to positive to blame it on coincidence. I blamed all of it on myself. Then a few months later they started talking again, about how they never got over their ex. I was thinking it might be me, but then she said it was her other ex from years prior, and she used me to try and get over him. It hurt me and I that night I was close to cutting my veins open, that was until someone sent me a song recommendation. It was this song, I listened to it and let it carry away all my troubles that day.

"Now I listen to it when I'm confused, it helps me come to a decision." Techno sat there a moment, not comprehending how someone could hurt someone so pure. Then he thought about the other person. He looked at Dream, who seemed not to have a care, as he looked at Techno. "Normally I'm apathetic towards everything, I didn't cry when my own father died but...how could someone do that to you?" Dream's smiled faltered a bit, and then turned sad, "I don't know, but I focused on myself for a while after that, recently I found someone who helps me, we get along great, even though they can be a bit....odd at times." Techno watched as Dream smiled and talked about the person he liked.

For some reason, Techno felt an unknown feeling in the pit of his stomach, jealousy. Why was he jealous? He had no reason to be. Dream was simply talking about the person he liked, and Techno was listening like a good friend would. "Techno, hello?" Theres no factual reason as to why this was happening, it was new, but not unwanted. "Techno?" His thoughts quickly vanished at the sound of Dream's worried voice. "Oh sorry, you zoned out, then you seemed like you got mad." Techno took a breath, then smiled, "Just got lost in thought that's all." Dream nodded. "We have group in an hour." Techno groaned and Dream laughed at him.

"If we show up early we can get some seats in the back that don't have gum on them." Techno groaned again and Dream got up to walk to the door, "Be in the common room in five." Then he left. Techno quickly got dresses and got his phone, then he also grabbed his airpods, him and Dream could listen to music. He smiled in the mirror and then went to the main room.

(POV switch)

Once Dream shut his door he let out a small laugh, Techno had been muttering as he thought to himself. Dream had heard a bit of it even though he had been trying to pull his friend from his zone out. He had only heard a few words, but they were enough to make him smile and feel warm inside, for reasons unknown. Techno had said, "There's no reason for me to be jealous right now." Before continuing to ramble in gibberish. Once Dream was dressed he met Techno in the main room and they left for the group classroom that was three stories down. Wilbur and Philza had left a few minutes prior.

Techno gave dream an airpod and they listened to Cigarette Ahegao as they walked down the stairs to the slowly filling gym, and yes, their seats had no gum on them.