XXX

I woke up to my phone ringing, I glanced at the screen but I didn't read the name.

"Hello?"

"ADRIAN GET READY WERE ON OUR TO PICK YOU UP FOR THE BEACH TRIP." I knew it was Tommy screaming across the line to me, which meant that the Sleepy family was on their way to get me for a family day. They considered me family even though I was really just a close friend. I got up and started to get ready, which included first skipping breakfast and drinking a glass of water instead. Then I brushed my teeth, got a quick shower, and fixed my short, curly, black hair. I was now sitting on my bed trying to decide what kind of bathing suit to wear.

I could wear swim trunks without a shirt because I had already gotten top surgery years ago, but I could also wear a one-piece if I wanted to because Kristen would be there. Who all was even coming? Phil, Kristen, Tommy, Tubbo, Ranboo, Techno, Wilbur, and Jack. Oh, Wilbur was gonna be there, that means I should wear trunks for sure. Then as I opened the drawer I noticed that I had none clean, and I only had a dark gray one-piece. I decided to suck it up and just wear dirty swim trunks, but as I took my shirt off I faced the mirror to see that the bruising was back on my chest, and the bruises made the top surgery cuts ten times more visible. So there went that.

I reached back into the drawer and got the dark gray one-piece and put it on. I then walked to the bathroom so I could use some waterproof foundation to cover up my stretch marks. That was until I realized that I was out of the foundation. I thought that it would be fine until I again looked in the mirror and saw that the marks were swollen. They were a dark purple or contrasting white to my tan skin tone. Well. No beach for me I guess.

I quickly got my phone and called the first number I saw in the Sleepy family group chat. The person answered and I was greeted with Wilbur's voice.

"Hello, Adrian." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Uhm, I won't be able to go to the beach today... sorry." I heard some muffled voices and then Wilbur was back on the line.

"Hey, we're almost to your house so I'll come in and talk with you for a second if that's ok?" I thought about it.

"Actually, could you send Techno in, I think he would be more sensible about something like this." I heard some more muffled voices and then Techno's deeper voice was talking to me.

"It better be important because now we're both gonna lose nice seats in the van." I almost laughed until I remembered my situation. "Yeah, it's important thanks Techno." He hummed in acknowledgment before the line went dead. I put some shorts on over the swimsuit, along with a shirt. Then I laid on my bed until I heard knocking on my apartment door. I walked to the front door and slightly opened it, it was indeed Techno so I opened the door the rest of the way and motioned for him to come inside, shutting the door behind him.

I looked at what he was wearing. Pink trunks and a light pink unbuttoned Hawaiian-style shirt. His pink hair was also tied back, he didn't have his glasses on for once. "So, why can't you come?" I put my face in my hands for a second. "Don't call this stupid, or dumb, or tell anyone, especially Wilbur because he'd kill me." He nodded and I led him to the living room, where I had a wide full body mirror. I quickly took off the shirt, it didn't seem to phase him. Next, I pulled off the shorts, he still stood there clueless, which was expected I mean, it's Techno.

"Ok, so you know how I got top surgery years ago."

"Yeah."

"Well the scars still bruise sometimes and that's how they are today, so I can't wear swim trunks."

"Ok then just wear a one-piece."

"I would normally do that. So um, when I was younger like, before I figured out who I was I let myself go, never exercising and gaining a lot of weight. Once I was introduced with a reason to appreciate myself, I started working out and I lost all of that weight. But the problem is my body went from average to overweight to muscular in such a short period of time that I now have stretch marks over the areas where the skin stretched most and quickest. So like, look. He was actually paying attention as I showed him the purple and white lines on my hips, ribs, shoulders, and the backs of my legs. He just looked at me once he saw them.