XXX

Karlnapity oneshot, includes Feral boys

1879 cuz why not

----------------------------------------

Karl had been on his horse riding into town, Nick had asked him to go get some things from the store in town, so he had left for the 30 minute ride and was now almost there.

See, the Feral boys lived farther out in town, Karl was like a mother to all of them, and to the society he was a woman. So when he went into town he had the full disguise on. He wore a dusty hand-made fabric dress, spurred boots, and gloves. His hair was short but nobody questioned it, everyone knew that having washed hair was hard to maintain when you worked a farm. It was still common for a man to marry twice, and in his case he was married to two other men, Alex and Nick.

Karl was respected as a hard working mother in town, basically his entire livelihood was a lie and 'sin' of the church. He was known as a lady whom was respected for her frabications and hard working family with two children and a permanent living uncle in town. Actually Karl was married to two men, they shared a house with their two best pals who were also married, George and Clay, and in that relationship George was known as Georgia. Karl was known as Karly.

So when Karl walked into the town's store the man behind the tower dipped his hat.

"Morning, Mrs.Armstrong."

"As to you Mr.Halo."

Karl smiled at him before walking over to the back of the store near the food, this store was the only one in town, so it sold everything. Then he decided that he should instead by some new work clothes for the boys back home, they had enough food to last a while and the harvest would be good this year. He walked over to the part of the store with all of the clothing. Karl quickly sifted through the clothes, grabbing five pairs of overalls, and three t-shirts. He also grabbed a pair of shears from the animal counter before walking back to Mr.Halo.

Karl laid all of the items on the counter and Mr.Halo smiled, he seemed a bit surprised at the amount of clothing.

"All of it will be 38." Karl cringed inwardly at the price, he might not be able to skip out of weeding the vegetable garden for a few weeks. None the less he handed over the bills and was given a box to store all of the goods. Karl smiled at Mr.Halo on his way out of the store.

Once outside Karl strapped the box to the horse's carryon, not before he heard a shout behind him.

"What's a pretty doll like you doing carrying around so much... worth?"

Karl turned to face a stranger who he hadn't seen in town before.

"I have no idea what you mean sir."

"Well you don't see women with that kind of money around here, must be your little hubby's huh? He treat you well?"

The man in question had slowly started to walk over, Karl was resisting the urge to grab the gun from his back waistband.

"It's none of your business how I come about my money."

On second glance the man in question seemed quite young, just looking for a fight.

"You got something to hide? Workin at that whore house over on Dashner?"

Karl looked at the man in the eyes, he pulled his leather glove from his hand and approached the man, slapping him broad and wide eyed across the face before holding his ground.

"Don't you disrespect a woman like that, especially a hard working one."

He slightly backed away as the other man seemed to get angrier and slowly approach him. Karl was reaching for his pistol when he heard a familiar voice behind him.