II

chapter name: Tierra

A/N - the castle above is like the one that Karl lives in :]

Prince Karl, as he was known to the people in the kingdom that he would one day rule. He was the prince of a kingdom called Tierra, the language in which they spoke had simple rules. The royals, around other royals spoke in Litzy, the language of pure-bloodlines. Then, the language of the Zeme, was the language of the people who live in the towns and cities bordering the Castle of Tierra. The kingdom was mainly the colors of green and silver, it was normally sunny in the town and city, but the castle itself was above the clouds. Despite the hour, it was always light in the town, for this was the king of magic that the royal bloodline possessed. They had the abilities to manipulate the light of day, to some extent.

The people of the city loved their rulers, for they were fair and understanding to their community. The royal family consisted of six living members. King Daniel, Queen Lorianne, the past queen, grandmother Caroline, Prince Karl, was the oldest sibling, Coraline, the middle child, and only princess, and then Damian, the youngest. Prince Karl, wasn't looking forward to ruling the kingdom, yes he loved it, but he didn't want to get married. It was an odd feeling in the pit of his stomach that he had for a while, but something told him not to do it.

-karl's pov-

Karl had just woken up when his mother knocked on his door, "Karl, it's time to get up, me and your father have something important to talk to you about. We expect in the library by then next 20 minutes." She stopped talking, and then after a few moments, Karl heard her heels click away down the corridor. He groaned before slowly rising from his bed into the cold air. Karl shuddered as he stood up out of his bed and stretched. He reached for his phone, only to notice that it was fully charged, strange since he didn't remember plugging it in the previous night.

He dressed in the dark green colored clothes he was to wear around his parents, then he put on his emerald and gold rings and crown. Once he was dressed he walked out of his room and started to make his way to the library, at least the one that was on the bottom floor of the castle, which was the floor that his parents usually could be found on. He walked into the library, to see his mother on the couch reading a book, while his father stood behind the couch, resting a hand on his wife's shoulder, and staring out the window at his city below.

He heard his son walk into the room and faced him, smiling, then letting a serious look overcome his face. "Karl, I have tried to put this off for as long as possible, but you will have to marry soon. There are no princesses in surrounding kingdoms though, so you will be marrying a male." Karl didn't react at all, he had expected this to happen and honestly was a little relived. "As odd as that may sound, it would generally be the same as a normal rulership, however dominance would have to be determined by which kingdom has more power, and then also, there is the topic of who you choose, and whose kingdom you and your partner will rule over."

"It will most likely be their kingdom, considering that me and your mother are rather young, then you having a sister and a brother. So you will, most likely be leaving us, when you marry. Also, you will be traveling to two kingdoms in the next three weeks. Each of the potential partners you meet will be the same age as you, 19. For now you are dismissed to do as you please for the day." Karl nodded, smiled at his mother who looked at him sympathetically, and then left.

When Karl opened the door to his room he was immediately greeted with Damian and Coraline laying on his bed. "Hello?" They both put their phones down and started smiling, Damian spoke first. "I heard someone is getting married soon?" Karl started to laugh lightly while Coraline was cackling. "Oh god, all of the neighboring Princes are assholes!" This made Karl and Damian start laughing as well, for no particular reason. "We don't really know that, all we have seen them is from when they've been in public, they might be trying to uphold a reputation that they don't have to depend on in their kingdom."

Damian and Coraline actually stopped laughing and considered this, they both agreed that Karl in fact, could be right. Coraline ended her time, "I have studies to do today, talk to you guys later." Then she left. Damian walked to the door, and stopped for a moment, saying one thing to Dream, "I knew you wouldn't have to marry a woman." This had Karl laughing while Damian simply walked away, muttering on about him having to shelf books in the library as punishment for something.

Karl laughed and then laid down in his bed, thinking about what to do with all the time left in the day. He thought about going down into the kingdom. The only thing about going into the kingdom is that down there, they spoke the language of the Zeme. Karl could speak and understand the language just fine, but sometimes he would slip up and speak Litzy around commoners, and then have to explain what had happened. That was one of the reasons that he didn't go out much.

However, considering that it was only lightly raining, and the sun seemed bright against the cold weather, he decided that it would be a good day to go into town. Karl got up and changed his clothes, into something that would still notify the people around him that he was the prince, or outsiders that he was at least royalty and wasn't to be messed with or lied to. Then, Karl made sure that he grabbed his public crown, it was an exact copy of his actual crown, but unless around royals, he was supposed to wear a fake one in case it got stolen. If his real one was stolen then the gold could be melted down and the emeralds could be taken out of it. Then the stealer could sell the emeralds and re-molded pieces of gold. So it was simply safer for him to wear a fake crown, but looked very real to the naked eye.

Also before Karl left, he made sure to grab some money, not wanting to be broke in case he saw something he liked or that could become a potential gift to the three boys that he would be traveling to meet for a month solid. About an hour after making the decision to leave the castle, Karl had just walked out of the official Castle gates, and was now walking the stone path down to the city, preparing to speak the language of the Zeme, rather than Litzy, which was, in his defense, a lot harder to then than it sounded.

1207 words