I

written: 03-23-2021
title: exploring the last realm
ship: karlnapity
type: chapters
cover: [not found]

chapter one:
Karl woke up and for once, he didn't hear any movement in the house. Normally his family was very busy at any given time, so this was out of the normal. He realized, that he had most likely just woken up early, and nobody else was awake yet. He reached for his phone from the bedside table, and saw that it was 7am, he had woken up at his normal time, so everyone else should also be awake by now.

He was confused, so he stood up out of his bed and quickly found himself missing it's warmth, but the curiosity was enough to keep him going. He walked over to the light switch in his room, and still didn't hear anyone. He walked around the house in confusion, noticing that everyone was gone. He checked his phone again, no messages or missed calls. Strange to say the least. He checked to make sure, but nothing was wrong with the house, nothing was missing, or different, apart from the fact that Karl, was the only one there.

After a while he came to a conclusion that maybe they had just had to leave, and didn't want to wake him up, he thought to himself, 'yeah that has to be it...'

Having come to his conclusion, he decided that he should still continue as normal, and get ready to go to school. He decided to wear a white undershirt with a gray and black styled sweater on top. Then he put on some black skinny jeans with a chain and a few rings. He put in his earrings and made sure that his black colored nails weren't chipped anywhere. He wore his simple white Converse to pull it all together.

Once deciding that he was dressed, he went downstairs, got his schoolbag, and monster to drink while he walked. He connected his AirPods to his phone and started to walk towards his highschool. His walk was only about ten minutes long, but during that walk he didn't see another person, or vehicle for that matter. He didn't really know what to do once he got to the school. He didn't another person anywhere, and couldn't find a teacher, even after searching.

By now Karl had started to wonder, 'what the honk is going on...?' Karl decided to just chill out in the gym, maybe until he figured out what was happening. Not knowing why everyone was gone, or where they had went for that matter, was the scariest part.He hadn't even considered what would happen if he couldn't find anyone. After about ten minutes of him sitting and thinking in the school gymnasium, he heard the double doors from the hallway open.

Karl's head snapped up as he saw someone walk into the gym, on the other side of the room from where he was. Karl stood up slowly, surprised to see another person. "Hello?" The boy's head snapped up and he quickly walked over.

"Are you ok?" Was the first thing that the other person said. Karl nodded his head, "Are you ok, and what's your name?" The other person smiled, "Yeah I'm fine, and my name is Nick, I'm a freshman." Karl smiled back, "I'm Karl, I'm a junior." Nick's smiled faded after a moment, "Do you know where everyone went? Or what's going on?" Karl shook his head, "No, but you're the only other person I've found, maybe we should look around the school again to see if anyone else has showed up?" Nick nodded, "Yeah that's a good idea. I was starting to thing I was dead." Karl shook his head, "I've been trying to think logically, but I don't think that an entire town, as far as we know, would just up, at it, and leave." Nick nodded, "Yeah, and now we search." Karl agreed, "and now we search."

After about another hour of searching, nobody was to be found. Nick had an idea, "We should go check out by the football field, there are bleachers, so we could climb them and look around from a higher point of view." Karl couldn't believe that the two boys were getting along, as most people quickly took to not liking him, but he wasn't complaining. "Sure, to the football field we go."

When they reached the football field, they felt relieved to see someone sitting halfway up on the left side of the bleachers. They were laying down, looking up, both boys were wondering why that was. Karl and Nick reached the boy at the same time, but Nick quickly tensed up when he realized who it was. Oh why did it have to be him.