XII

chapter name: 12

After group all of the boys made their way back to their dorm, but once they reached their floor it was clear the place was spiraling into utter chaos. A nurse who didn't look totally off her rocker walked over to them.

"Nothing for you to worry about, simply go back to your rooms, get some drinks, go into your usual rooms, two to a room. Oh also, lock your doors." Then she zipped away, the boys all looked at one another before quickly walking back to their dorm. Wilbur and Philza quickly left for one of their rooms, Dream was more hesitant to go in his own room. "Techno, can we please go in your room?' Techno looked at Dream, who looked very scared. "oh yeah, I'll get drinks and be in there in a moment."

Techno held to his word and was in the room with Dream a few moments later. "Dream." Techno set the waters on the desk as the boy in question seemed to avoid his gaze. "What's wrong?" He walked over to the boy who was sitting on the window seal. Dream looked at the taller and Techno could see the worry in his eyes. "What's happening out there Techno?" His voice sounded so small, and weak. It made Techno's chest hurt, "I don't know, but if I find out I'll be sure to tell you." Dream just looked at him a moment later before jumping off of the window seat and wrapping his arms around Techno, holding him close.

It took Techno a moment to realize that he was being hugged, but once he did, he smiled and hugged back tightly, he hoped that Dream could feel the promise of protection Techno had made towards him.

Once the two of them pulled apart Techno could see that Dream was shaking. "What do you wanna do?" Dream looked around for a moment, "You know my actual name right?" Techno shook his head, if Dream had said it then he didn't remember. "Oh, well it's Clay, I know thats weird... We could just listen to music if that's ok with you?" Techno smiled, "Yeah we can just listen to music. What do you want to listen to Clay?"

His name being said made Clay shiver, he hadn't heard it in quite a long time. "We could listen to anything, but make it loud if you can, I don't like hearing the chaos." Techno nodded and pulled out his phone. He unlocked it and handed it to Clay, "Here you can choose, I'm gonna get my sketchbook out." Clay nodded and Techno walked away from where he had been standing.

After finding something on YouTube Clay set down Techno's phone and laid on the bed. He felt cold so he got under the covers, then he grabbed Techno's stuffed pig from the foot of the bed and snuggled up to it. "Hey that's my snuggle bud." Clay looked up to see a happy looking Techno sitting at the window seal. "We can trade you can have mine." Techno wasn't mad or anything, he was sketching his view outside the window. "What's the difference? They're literally the same." Dream scoffed and thought to himself, No this one smells like you.

He heard someone giggle and looked up at Techno, confused. "Glad you like how I smell." Clay quickly realized he had said his thought aloud, he turned his back towards Techno and hid his face under the covers. Clay heard some more quiet laughs and then footsteps. He felt a weight on the bed but refused to do anything about it.

Clay laid there wishing he didn't exist when he felt a warmth behind him, then Techno's arm around his waist pulling him closer into the warmth. Still hiding his face Clay turned around and snuggled into the sweater that smelled like the boy wearing it. Clay listened to Techno's breathing which about five minutes later evened out. He was confused until he realized that Techno had fallen asleep. His body felt warm as he realized that Techno had fallen asleep holding him. Dream was very happy in that moment, he just listened to Techno's steady breathing.

I know it's short but I just needed a filler chapter.....I wanted to get a longer one out but I've been on vacation so I haven't really been writing much.

I will try and get a new one out soon, if I can figure out how I'm gonna tie this next chapter into the plot, or if I shouldn't include it into the plot at all.