X

chapter name: 10

Techno had decided that after eating, he would just stay in his room for the rest of the day. His main lights were off, so only the soft pale yellow tint of the fairy lights were left to shade the room around him. He was sitting in the left window ledge, sketchbook and pencil in hand, looking for inspiration. He saw his phone light up on his bed, 12:40. It was late, for people who slept, he smiled a bit to himself. "Maybe my old drawings can give me some inspiration"

He got off of the ledge and walked over to the wall tacked with is drawings. The fairy lights made them look amazing. He smiled, looking at his slow progress over the years. His more recent drawings he saw, were mainly of objects. His older drawings were normally of people, why did I stop drawing people? Oh. I started to draw at night. When I was alone, when I didn't have anyone to draw. He wanted to draw a person, see how it would turn out.

Techno was pulled from his thoughts when he heard a light knocking on his door, "Come in?" He watched as someone came in the room and turned to close the door. They turned back around and pulled down their hoodie. "It's just me." Dream. Techno walked over to see his friend, that was until he saw it. Saw the red eyes and puffy cheeks, Dream had been crying. "Are you ok?" Dream didn't make eye contact with the taller. "yeah I just- I was finally falling asleep after a while, and then I had a memory come over me. It shook me up, but now I feel so so tired." Techno smiled softly. "Want to lay down for a bit?"

Dream hesitated a moment, before nodding. He felt his hand getting taken and followed Techno to the bed. He waited for a moment as Techno pulled back the covers and moved his phone. "What side do you want?" Dream looked at the bed, and saw that Techno's stuff was mainly on the right side, "I'll take the left" and with that he climbed into the bad and started to make himself comfortable. Techno sat on the bed next to him, not wanting to break any boundaries. "Can you lay with me?" Techno just smiled a bit to himself before laying down in the bead and pulling Dream towards him.

Dream rested his face in the crook of Techno's shoulder and neck, Techno rested his head on top of Dreams. They laid there entwined, absorbing the other's warmth. Techno just closed his eyes, laying there, he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep. The feeling of Dream's breath on his neck was calming, and it made him happy to know that he was helping the younger. Soon Dream's breathing slowed, and he fell asleep. After Techno knew he wouldn't be waking up, he slowly slid out of the bed, leaving Dream with a pillow instead. Techno then took his sketchbook and pencil, while sitting in his window seal he stared at Dream. How peaceful he was, laying there. Techno held up his sketchbook and started to draw him.

In the place of the pillow, he drew himself. After a few hours Techno was pleased with his drawing, and evaluated it. He had somehow drawn the peace onto the pages and caught the warmth in its overlapping lines of charcoal. He decided not to color the picture, since the charcoal really showed the image of how dark the room was. Techno was proud of the drawing, he liked it. He closed the sketchbook and left it on the table, then he checked the time again. It was now 3 in the morning.

Maybe I could go out, get something for Dream, he is new, maybe something could help to settle him in.

And so that's what Techno did. He made Dream was asleep before changing into black jeans, a white t-shirt, a loose gray hoodie, and a black pair of converse. He got his phone and wallet, along with some headphones. Taking his keycard he walked out of the room and into the main room. Wilbur was there reading a book and humming. "Bye Wilbur, I'm going out, I should be back by morning." Wilbur smiled and said ok, then Techno left.

Used the keycard, went down the elevator. Used the keycard, got to the check in and out area. The woman at the front desk was the same woman who had been talking to Techno in the room the other day. "Oh hello Techno, what can I help you with?" He smiled, she was nice to him. "I was wondering if I could go out for a while, I've been here a few weeks with nothing new around me?" She looked at the computer and typed something in then she sighed, handed him his keys. "Yeah, you're good to go. I would recommend getting some leather gloves, it would be more protective." He nodded and with that he left, for real this time.