VI

chapter name: 5

hello?

is anyone there?

why couldn't he hear his voice, where was he?

Where was everyone else?

Suddenly all the darkness went away, Karl found himself sitting on his bed, in his and SapNap's room alone. He heard laughing, from a different room. He stood up and walked to the main room, where his other roommates were all sitting and talking. Everyone looked at him as soon as he walked into the room, he tried to say hello, but he couldn't talk.

All his friends started to point at him and laugh, Karl knew something wasn't right. Then SapNap walked over to him and got up close to his face, he could hear his voice, as clear as day. "Freak." Karl almost jumped at the word, then everyone else started to repeat it. Karl sat on the floor and put his hands over his ears, it didn't do anything, he could still hear them. Then he stood up and tried to yell back, and this time it worked.

He yelled at them, "What's wrong with you?!" All of the boys looked hurt, by his words. He hadn't meant to say that, he had been pressured, and scared. "Wait no- I'm sorry I-" All his friends started to turn black, a dark black that started at their heads and went down. With the blackness the boys seemed to melt into the floor, like liquid. Karl could hear himself muttering, "What- no this can't be hap-" then he couldn't talk anymore.

The floor had turned to a dark liquid and he had fallen right in. He could feel himself screaming, trying to swim up. The water was to thick. Suddenly he could taste the water, it tasted like salt. Then he was back in the room again, his friends were there again. This time they weren't saying freak, they were silent. That was until SapNap walked up to him again, and leaned in close again. "Fag-" (That's the end)

"KARL!" His eyes split wide open, what had happened. Where was he? Who was yelling? He brought his hands up and rubbed his eyes, then looked at the person in front of him. It was SapNap, and he looked concerned. "Are you ok?" Karl quickly pulled his legs up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. He looked at SapNap, 'that had been a dream right?' SapNap seemed to have read his thoughts. "You were dreaming, then you started crying and yelling, so I woke you up." Karl nodded, "It was more of a nightmare."

POV swap :)

SapNap smiled and sat down on the bed, still keeping his distance from Karl. He didn't want to make him anymore scared than he already was. "Do you want to talk about it?" Karl looked hesitant, then he slowly nodded. "Take your time." Karl took a deep breath and then laid his legs back down. "Well, first I woke up, and heard all of you guys laughing in the main room." He looked up at me, "Are you sure you don't mind- I mean I don't want you to lose any sleep over me." I would stay up a week for you Karl, he didn't say that. "I'm sure."

Karl nodded again, "Well, after I found you guys, you um- you called me a freak, and everyone joined in laughing." SapNap could see the fear and then sadness glaze over the boys eyes as he continued talking. "Then I- I yelled at you, and I felt bad, because I felt like I had hurt you." He took another shaky breath, "You all melted into the floor, and I fell into a pool of salty black water." Curiosity came over his eyes, and then another wave of sadness. "Then we were back in the main room. You came up to me, and well- you were going to say something, but then I woke up." Karl could feel the atmosphere tense up, as Karl skipped over that part of the nightmare.

"What was I going to say?" Karl wouldn't look at him, and that hurt SapNap. "It's nothing really I-" Karl looked up into my eyes, he knew I needed to know. "You were going to call me..a fag. Then the real you woke me up." SapNap could feel the guilt set into his skin. Why would I ever say something like that, even in a dream? "You know I wouldn't ever say those words right. Never, they're so- wrong. Just wrong. People have said them to me before, I hated it. I could never do that to someone." Karl looked up at me, "Why would they say that to you." I smiled, nervously, then realized, I had no reason to be nervous. "It's because my cousins found out that I'm pan. They're really southern, and didn't like that at all." I laughed a bit to myself at the pain.