II

chapter name: 1

Clay Beverly, one of the best batters and first basemen in his highschool, well really he was the best overall. His best friend since the third grade, Nicholas Armstrong was also a good batter, but he played better on third base. The two of them were well known, and it wasn't a big surprise when the both of them got full-ride scholarships into a college well known for their win-streak baseball team.

Clay

Me and Nick have been in this truck for what feels like forever, I thanked every god in existence when we eventually pulled into the parking lot facing the office building. Compared to the tall white and blue bricks I suddenly felt small, I could tell Nick did to from the hesitant giggle he let out. We turned off the engine and walked inside, Nick was quite literally in his pajamas, I had the decency to wear something nice. Black jeans and the shirt from my old baseball team, I would miss those guys, most of them.

The pitcher, Barley Robbins, was a total ass. He thought that since he stood in the middle of the field, he stood in the middle of the universe. I had barely met anyone that even came close to having the amount of narcissism that he bragged about. People knew he was a horrible person, and in a way he was. He was a big bulky guy, and for most of the highschool's career there was a different pitcher, then he passed away in a car accident. Apparently he had injured his arm pitching, and he turned it the wrong way while driving, it went into shock and he ended up hitting an 18-wheeler. It was a sad day for the highschool, but he had his signature and photo put up as the first hall of fame player for our school.

His name had been Peyton Libs, brown hair and a bright smile. He was respected and he respected others. He died to soon. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a car door slam, I realized Nick had gotten out so I quickly jumped out to follow him to the ominous building infront of us. I ended up walking into the double doors first. The woman sitting a the desk looked up at the two of us walking in, "Oh hello boys, what do you need help with?"

Nick smiled at the woman, "We're here for a class schedule, practice schedule, then door rooms and keys." She smiled before clicking around on her computer for a moment, "Names?" Nick spoke first again, "Nicholas Armstrong." She typed it into the machine and let it load, "Oh, you two are the baseball scholarships huh? You're gonna love it here." She reached into a drawer and dug through some files, finding Nick's and handing it to him. "That has a copy of schedules, practice times and game times, other things you might need to know and the door number and key taped to the back of the folder. What's your name?"

I smiled, "Clay Beverly." She typed another thing into the computer and then reached into the same drawer from earlier, handing me a file almost identical to Nicks' but it was blue. "Why is it blue?" The lady smiled, "You're rooming with an exchange student, he's won't be here until tomorrow. There should be a map of the campus, I would recommend going to get settled into your dorms before anything else. Also, dorm checks are at 11 sharp, so be in while the keepers make their rounds. Have a good first year guys."

After that it was obvious that she was done talking, so me and Nick took that as our cue to leave.