17.

They reached home and showed Aaji the photos. She was really happy by seeing that her grandson was happy.
Sulochana and Amruta were not really happy with this. It had been a while since Sulochana had not taunted Pallavi about being a widow and till the time Aaji was here it was not possible but she wanted to taunt Pallavi about something. (Sulochana kab sudhregi re tu😂😂)
"Woh sab toh theek hai Aai. Par ab in dono ki shaadi ko do saal ho gaye aur abhi tak ghar mein ek nanha shaitan bhi nahi aaya." Sulochana smirked saying this.
Raghav and Pallavi looked at each other. Was Aaji really going to ask them to do this? This was impossible. Both of them cursed Sulochana in their minds for trying to fill Aaji's ears. But, before anyone of them could speak anything Aaji spoke.
"Sulochana, Mandar itne din ghar se dur tha toh bacche kaha se honge. Aur abhi bhi woh kuch dino ke liye hi hai. Is time mein dono ko ek dusre ke saath time spend karna chahiye. Financially aur emotionally agar dono ready hai to hi unhe aage ka kadam uthana chahiye aur yeh un dono ki personal baat hai. Yaha pe kisi ko bhi kuch bhi bolne ka hakk nahi hai. Hum unhe sirf salah de sakte hai ki ek saath time spend karo ya aise karo par unke rishte mein kya karna hai woh tay karne ka hakk sirf unka hai."
"Haan Aai." Sulochana was tongue tied and now it was Raghvi's turn to smirk.

--------------------------------------------------------------

They reached the room to freshen up. They told everyone that they ate outside and they wouldn't have dinner.
"Does Bindiwala Aunty do this everytime? Or today's a special case? Raghav asked her.
"She has always been like this. She is more interested in people's life than her own. Earlier she would taunt me about being a widow and now that I am so called 'married woman' she will taunt me about the baby and also to you till the time you are here because of me." Pallavi told him.
"How can you even tolerate someone like her? If someone said things like these to me which she said to you, I would have killed them then and there."
"So, now you're back to being the Hyderabad ka Don, huh?"
"This is not being Hyderabad Ka Don this is being normal. Anybody would have done that. Now please don't start with your lecture that you should listen to elders or whatever shit because if you give them respect then they are entitled to do the same."
She kept quite listening to this because she knew he was right.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Raghav was watching 'Ironman' on his laptop when Pallavi joined him.
"You are also a Marvel fan?" She asked excited.
"Ofcourse."
"Who is your favorite?"
"It is a difficult one but, if I had to pick one it has to be uhm... Ironman. Who is your favorite?"
"I also love Ironman a lot but apart from that Captain America is my favorite. I am not a big fan of DC but I love Wonderwoman."
"Gimme a fi." They hified each other.
"Wonderwoman is my most favorite even though I am not a big fan of DC."
"Which is your favorite movie from Marvel?" Pallavi asked.
"Avengers: Infinity War and Ironman 2 without a doubt."
"Ironman 1 was better."
And they kept arguing which one was better.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Today was the mehendi ceremony. It was going to be difficult for Pallavi because Aaji would persuade her to have a mehendi with Mandar's name.
The mehendi ceremony would be started at 3 in the evening.
Pallavi had woken up early and prepared breakfast for everyone. She had a hectic day ahead. She had to contact the mehendi artist to confirm her presence. The mehendi artists were going to bring the cones but she had to check if the brand was correct and the expiry dates too so that there is no problem in the hall. She had to count the number of woman applying mehendi so as to tell the mehendi artist to get the cones.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It was finally time for the mehendi ceremony. Everyone sat to apply mehendi with Mansi being the first. Rahul was there to carry all her tantrums from making her eat food to changing to her favorite song. Pallavi was adoring their bond. She loved how Mansi and Rahul were there for each other. She was a silent spectator of their love story. After coming from her office,  Mansi used to tell Pallavi how her day went and what Rahul said and what all they did together. To see her best friend get married to the love of her life made Pallavi really emotional.
"Saree Ka Dukaan, shaadi do din baad hai aaj nahi jo tum abhi se ro raha hai." Raghav said.
"Mein ro nahi rahi hoon. Yeh khushi ke aasu hai. Mene mansi ko hamesha iske baare mein bolte hue suna hai aur mujhe pata hai ki dono ek dusre se kitna pyaar karte hai. Isliye bas thoda emotional ho gayi. Aur tumne usi ka fayda uthake mujhe cheda."
"Ab nahi chedega. Bass."
"Meherbani aapki. Dhanyavadalu."
"Waah! Saree Ka Dukaan tum to telugu bhi seekh gaya."
"I am multi linguistic you know." She said patting her back.
"Ika nuṇḍi nēnu nītō telugulōnē māṭlāḍatānu." (From now onwards I will speak to you in telugu only.) He said.
"Me ka telugu madhe bolu?" (Why should I speak in telugu?) She answered back because she could only understand telugu but could not speak it except for one or two words.
"Ēmi cebutunnāru? Telugulō māṭlāḍaṇḍi." (What are you saying? Speak in telugu.) He said. He did not understand a word of what she spoke except for telugu.
"Me nahi bolnar telugu madhe. Tuch marathi madhe bol." (I won't speak in telugu. You only speak in Marathi.)
He was unable to understand her language and thus, went off leaving her alone there.
She was kind of happy to irritate him.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was getting mehendi applied. Aaji saw that Pallavi was nowhere to be seen and was helping in the arrangements for dinner.
"Mandar, ja Pallavi ko bula ke laa. Uski mehendi lagani baaki hai na. Warna baad mein usi ki reh jayegi."
"Woh Aaji Pallavi ko mehendi se allergy hai. Humare shaadi ke baad uske haath mein rashes ho gaye the toh isliye woh nahi lagane waali." Raghav covered up for Pallavi.
"Aree Baapre!! (OH MY GOD!) Accha hai nahi laga rahi. Apni tabiyet sabse pehle." Aaji said.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The mehendi ceremony was finally over and everyone retired to their rooms.
"Thank God Aaji ne mehendi ke baare mein mujhse kuch pucha nahi." Pallavi said thanking God.
"Thank God nahi Thank me. Mene bachaya tereko. Aaji ne mereko bola tha tujhe mehendi ke liye bulane ke liye par mene unhe bola ki tumko mehendi se allergy hai."
"Thank you so much."
"Waise, I am getting bored and not sleepy. So, I am watching 'Stranger Things'. You wanna join in?" Raghav offered.
"I don't mind. It was anyways on my  watchlist."
They settled in bed to watch the movie. Raghav set the AC temperature at 18 while Pallavi wanted 24.
"Room thanda ho chuka hai. Temperature kam kar sakte hai." Pallavi said.
"Mereko abhi bhi garam ho raha hai. Tumko thandi lag raha hai toh sweater pehen lo." Raghav replied.
"Accha tumhara na mera 21 pe rakhte hai. Dono ka average ho jaayega."
"Thik hai." Not wanting to argue more, he agreed.
They started watching the series. Pallavi was shivering with cold even with a blanket on. Raghav increased the temperature and pulled her closer giving her his body heat. Both of them were awkward at first but soon became comfortable. By the time they finished watching the series they were fast asleep in that position itself.

Author's Note - We are back with their Telugu Marathi fights but with a twist. In the show Pallavi used to be confused here Raghav is confused. The last part is a little too much but this is a ff so, I guess it's okay 😅.

Date - 2nd May 2022.