69.

Raghav and Pallavi met the financial planner after reaching Hyderabad and discussed about how much time will it take for her to open a showroom in the mall. He told them it might take a few months, maximum year end but, not more that. Pallavi was happy that finally, her dream of opening a showroom in the mall would get fulfilled. She happily went home and told this news to everyone and they were equally happy. Pallavi was in her room setting her unused clothes in the cupboard while separating them from the clothes that were to be washed when Aai came there.

"Aai, aaiye na. Aap waha kyu khadi hai?" Pallavi said and Aai settled on the bed.

"Pallu, aaj bohot khush hai na tu?"

"Haan Aai."

"Aur kya hai aapke khushi ka raaj Pallavi ji? Aai asked dramatically. "Aur ab yeh mat kehna ki woh dukaan ki wajah se khush hai. Mujhe pata hai woh bhi ek wajah hai tere khushi ki par aur bhi kuch hua hai jiski wajah se tu itni zyaada khush hai."

"Aai, woh actually, Raghav ne mujhe propose kiya." Pallavi replied shyly.

"Sach?"

"Haan, Aai."

"Toh Pagli bataya kyu nahi?"

"Woh Aai, mein khudse hi kaise batau na matlab. Raghav jab ghar aayega tab pata chal hi jaayega na." Pallavi said shyly.

"Kab aa raha hai woh?"

"Pata nahi Aai. Baat nahi hui."

"Accha theek hai. Use bol dena ki tere Baba se aake baat kare."

"Ho Aai." Aai left with a smile on her face as this is what she always wanted for Pallavi.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Pallavi and Raghav met at their usual spot.

"Raghav, I wanted to ask that when are you coming home?"

"Why do you want to know? Are you coming to meet Amma or Keerti today?"

"IDIOT, I was asking when are coming to meet Baba?"

"Ohh, you were talking about your home?"

"Of course. So, when are you coming?"

"For what?"

"To meet Baba to ask him for my hand."

"That? You can tell him and then Amma will come for further discussions."

"Buddhu, you'll have to come and speak to my Baba and ask him if you could marry me." She said slightly hitting him on his forehead with her fingertips.

"Why me??"

"Because you want to marry me."

"As if you don't want to."

"I also want to but, it's a very old practice that the guy has to come and ask for the girl's hand from her father in case of love marriage."

"Fine. Then you'll also go to my Amma and ask for my hand in marriage?"

"No, baba. It is only for boys."

"This is unfair. Why do boys have to bear this injustice. If I am getting screwed up then, you should get too."

"Firstly, there's no such practice so, even if you shout on the top of your lungs about the injustice induced upon you, nobody is going to listen.
Secondly, even if there was any such practice, I wouldn't get screwed because your Amma loves me."

"How can I forget that? Of course, she loves you. Even if you come, she'll be like 'No beta, don't ask me anything, go and marry him. I have no problem.' I am sure this will be her response."