20.

The next day was the wedding. Pallavi woke up 4 in the morning and started getting ready. She wore her saree and other jewelry. Only the Mangalustra and Sindoor were remaining. She thought that she will not wear it today and tell Aaji that it is hidden behind the jewelry.
Meanwhile, Raghav got up and got ready. They all headed to the venue. They went in the changing rooms and got their makeup done. Mansi had to change into 4 sarees so Pallavi was going to be with her everytime. Soon, the rituals started. Raghav stood beside her to help her with little things. He never left her side.
It was now the time for actual muhurat. Mansi got her dress changed. Rahul sat on the mandap. The priest called Mansi to the mandap. Mansi's mama took her to the mandap as the bride's mama accompanies her till the mandap at the time of the muhurat in Maharashtrian weddings. Soon, the main rituals started. Seeing Mansi get her life partner, Pallavi got emotional and excused herself. Raghav understood that and followed her.
"What happened Pallavi? Why are you crying? Did you remember your marriage?" Raghav asked worried.
"No Raghav. I got emotional seeing Mansi in her bridal look. She is looking extremely pretty. She had manifested this day for the past 4 years and now finally, her dream has turned into reality. I know her condition when Kaku said No to this alliance because Rahul is Telugu. Mansi is my human diary. We would tell each other everything. She is the first person from Deshmukh house whom I called my own. So, thought of her getting married and going to someone else's house just made me emotional. Sorry." Pallavi poured out her heart in front of Raghav.
"It's okay to get emotional. You don't need to be sorry. Come let's go inside otherwise the same Mansi will kill you for missing her wedding." He tried to cheer her up and he was successful because she did smile a bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The wedding was complete and it was time for lunch. The close family members of the bride and groom are made to sit in a line and served food in pates which are decorated. It is called a pangat. (You all can google pangat for reference. I couldn't describe it properly. Sorry for that.) Raghav and Pallavi were made to sit besides each other. Mansi and Rahul took 'ukhana' (it is a poetic way to take your spouse's name) and fed each other the first morsel of food. Everyone clapped for them and started eating. It was authentic Maharashtrian food and Raghav did not know what to eat. Pallavi understood his dilemma.
"This is Kothimbir wadi. You have to eat it like you eat a bhaji." She said pointing towards the wadi.
"You have to eat puri with shrikhand and roti with the vegetable. Varan(Dal) is already poured on the rice and you have to eat it like normal Dal Rice." She explained everything to him.
"Thank you Saree Ka Dukaan. What would I have done without you?"
She just smiled hearing his words.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It was time for Mansi's bidaai. Everyone was crying. Rahul consoled Mansi and they went off sitting in the car.
Here, Pallavi was crying uncontrollably. Raghav held her by her shoulders and wiped her tears by her handkerchief.
Everyone from the Deshmukh family left after settling the bill of the banquet.
The ride back home was quite. No one spoke anything. Raghav couldn't help but think about what will happen to him during Keerti's bidaai.
They reached back home. Everyone was tired and retired to their rooms. Pallavi was still crying thinking about her moments with Mansi.
"Aee Saree Ka Dukaan!! Stop this Amazon River flowing from your eyes. Mansi got married. You should be happy. "
"Yes. Ofcourse I am happy." She said wiping her tears.
"Come let's watch Andaz Apna Apna to make your mood better." He said.
"You watch Bollywood?" She asked surprised.
"Not every Bollywood movie but I have watched some of the good ones." He replied.
"That's what I thought. You would be watching some pit pit South Indian action movies and Hollywood movies."
He chuckled at the pit pit sound she made.
"Not every South Indian film has you pit pit. Some are meaningful too. Plus, I know that everyone loves Andaz Apna Apna so I was saying that we will watch Andaz Apna Apna. If you want to watch something else, we can watch that also."
"No, we will watch Andaz Apna Apna only. "
Raghav played the movie on his laptop. Both remembered the last time they watched the movie together and blushed.
The movie was a laughter riot. Both were laughing like there's no tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------

After the movie finished,  Raghav and Pallavi were just lying on the bed. There was a comfortable silence between them.
"Ghamandi Rao are you really serious about the dinner?" Pallavi asked all of a sudden breaking the silence.
"If you don't want ...."
"I asked were you serious and not if you want me to come. Answer the question which I asked you." She said clicking her tongue.
"Yes, I am pretty serious about the dinner."
"Why?"
"What do you mean by why? Listen, Pallavi I get really annoyed when someone asks me questions like these. Please be clear about what you want to say." He said annoyed.
"I mean that why do you want to meet me even after completing this fake husband wife scenario? What do you want to talk about?"
"Do we always need to have an agenda about what should be said and what not to say?" She nodded in no.
"I want to catch up in general. There are so many things we could talk about from work to movies to each other's life. We are quite similar in certain things."
"There's actually a lot we can talk about. Also, we have to talk to Keerti. First, I will talk to her and tell you."
"Were you also serious when you said that you will help me with Keerti?"
"Ofcourse. Why would I not be serious?"
"Thanks."
"I have an idea. Why don't we call Keerti now?"
"Are you sure?"
"100%"
Pallavi called Keerti and kept it on speaker. Keerti picked up the call within no time.
"Hello."
"Hello madam. You finally remember that you have a friend and you have to call her." Keerti taunted.
"Aree yaar!! Till when are you going to say this? I was very busy. But, now that I am free I wanted to ask could we meet sometime this week?"
"Ofcourse. Why not? Tell me the date and time."
"Tomorrow evening around 6 at Hussain Sagar?"
"Done."
"We'll meet tomorrow, Bye."
She hanged up on the call and turned to Raghav.
"Hope everything turns out well tomorrow." Raghav said.
"Don't worry. Everything is going to be good. As of now, let's go for dinner. Everyone must be waiting for us."

--------------------------------------------------------------

At the dining table Aaji announced that she was going back to Pune tomorrow morning.
"Thode din aur ruk jaati toh aur accha lagta." Sulochana said as she really admired Aaji with all her heart and also she wanted Raghav to wait for a few days so she, can set him up with Amruta.
"Nahi nahi ab agar mein aur din yaha ruki toh mera doctor mujhe bohot daatega. Jaise taise karke mene usko itne dino ke liye manaya tha." Aaji said.
"Mein tereko bohot miss karega." Raghav spoke.
"Main bhi tumhe bohot miss karungi. Aur agli baar jab hum milenge tab apna hindi sudhar lena."
Everyone laughed.
"Ji Aaji."

Author's Note - So, Mansi's wedding festives have finally come to an end. Raghvi will now get back to their normal routine. How will Keerti and Raghav's meet turn out to be like? Will Pallavi be able to bring this brother - sister duo together or will it lead to any more fights? Stay Tuned for the next chapter.

Date - 5th May 2022.