86.

"Finally!! Hum log ki engagement ho rahi hai!!" Pallavi said excited.

"Yes!!! I am very happy." Raghav said with the same excitement as he fed her the Gulab Jamun while the Mehendi artist drew Mehendi on her hand for the engagement ceremony.

"I hope bas kal sab acche se ho jaaye."

"Sab kuch acche se ho jaayega. Don't worry." Raghav said as he fed her another piece.

"Abhi tak shaadi hua nahi hai. Shaadi ka baad ke liye kuch romance bacha ke rakho." Pinni said coming from God knows where.

"Ji." Pallavi said meekly.

"Kitna darpok hai tum!! Is chuhiya se darta hai?" Raghav asked chuckling.

"Raghav, aise nahi bolte."

"Okay, Dadi Amma." Raghav said chuckling.

"Agar mere haath mein mehendi nahi lagi hoti na toh aaj toh tumhari pit pit pakki thi."

"Koi baat nahi, Pallu. Mein hoon na, mein karti hoon pit pit."

"Devyani!!! Tu?? Tu toh kal aane waali thi na?" Pallavi asked surprised.

"Mera kaam ho gaya jaldi toh aa gayi mein."

"Ab yeh aake mera sir pe naachega!!" Raghav murmured under his breath.

"Kuch kaha kya aapne?" Devyani asked innocently.

"Nahi. Aapko kaise bol sakta hai mein kuch bhi. Kya pata mereko toilet mein band kar dega tum firse." Raghav said to which Devyani and Pallavi chuckled.

"Iss baar aisa nahi karungi. Don't worry." Devyani said still laughing.

"Thank you Dayan ji."

"Kya bola tumne?"

"Dayan."

"Agar tumhare hi sagai mein nahi aayi hoti toh tumhe barabar seedha karti mein." Devyani said angrily and went to get her Mehendi done.

"Pallavi, mein jara jaake aata hai." Raghav said and went near Devyani and tapped her shoulder. "Aree mein abhi majak kar raha tha. Tum gussa ho gaya kya?" Raghav asked with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Mujhe tumse baat nahi karni."

"Accha theek hai. Baat mat karo, par surprise toh dekho. Andar waala room mein hai. Pallavi rakha hai tumhare liye." Raghav said and saw Devyani running towards the room. "Yeh waala hai." He said giving her the box. As soon as she opened the box, a toy popped out of it punching her nose. Seeing this, Raghav broke out in fits of laughter. Unfortunately for her, Raghav had recorded the entire incident and she was embarrassed as hell.

"Tum pagal ho? Aisa baccho jaisa prank kon karta hai?" Devyani yelled while rubbing her nose.

"Mein karta hai." Raghav said and walked off from there.

"Pallu, tera yeh Kabir Singh bohot zyaada shana ban raha hai." Devyani complained as she told Pallavi about what Raghav did and Pallavi couldn't help but laugh at it as someone was finally successful in pranking Devyani.

"Hota hai yaar. Chill kar tu." Pallavi said and Devyani went to get her Mehendi done.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, it was the engagement day and both of them were very excited.

Pallavi woke up with the brightest smile on her face. She checked the watch and it was just 5 in the morning. It means she still had to wait for 12 more hours to meet Raghav. Getting up from the bed, she did her morning routine and got ready in her normal clothes. It was around 6.30, she was done with everything and went down only to see everyone giving her weird looks. At first, she ignored them but, couldn't control herself from asking so, finally asked them.