43.

Pallavi thought about what Raghav told her. She definitely agreed with him. Telling Baba that they need to wait was a task that too after giving him some expectations.
All the family members were sitting on the dining table to have their breakfast. There was a comfortable silence.
"Baba, I think we should wait some more time before starting to find places for the shop in the mall." Pallavi said breaking the silence.
Everyone looked at her as if she was an alien.
"What happened all of a sudden? You were all excited yesterday and today you are saying that we'll wait for some time." Baba asked.
"Baba, actually I feel that we are rushing a bit. The market fluctuates a lot. If we don't get good returns on our investments we will have to wait till we have enough money to complete the other work. We would then anyways have to wait to complete the work. So, I feel it's better to wait now, save the money required and then buy the shop." Pallavi explained.
"Pallu, you won't get a shop so easily. You would have to wait for it. The agreement and everything will take some time. Till then, we can arrange the remaining money. Don't worry." Baba suggested.
"But, Baba what if the market is not performing well and we face loss in our investments. We won't have money plus, we would have to pay the maintenance of the shop in the mall. That's the reason I think we should wait for a while."
"I just feel that we shouldn't loose a good deal because we were late. That's all my concern. The rest is upto you." Baba said.
"Baba, it's not just about what I think. If you all are okay we will wait." Pallavi said.
"I don't have any issue. We've waited for so many years, now a few more. No issue." Baba said and got up from there.
Pallavi decided to give him some time to think about this.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Pallavi went to the shop and told Krishna and Keerti about this. Both of them agreed with whatever she said.
"Actually, Raghav ne mujhe yeh advice di thi." Pallavi told them.
"Raghav ko kab bataya tumne?" Keerti asked.
"Aaj subah."
"Uncle ne kya kaha?" Krishna asked.
"Woh agree toh nahi karte par unhone kaha ki itne saal wait kiya hai toh aur thoda kar sakte hai." Pallavi told them.
"Unhe pata hai yeh advice Raghav ne di hai?" Keerti asked hesitantly.
"Nahi. Meine unhe pehle samjahane ki koshish ki par kuch positive response nahi mila. Raghav ka naam leti toh pata nahi firse use galat samajh lete isliye nahi bataya." Pallavi told them.
"Accha kiya." Keerti said.
Keerti then went to her office while both Pallavi and Krishna got busy in the shop.
Pallavi was thinking of what to do, because Baba looked a bit disappointed when she told him to wait. What Raghav told was correct and more practical but how could she disappoint her Baba.
"Kya hua didi? Vijay Kaka ke baare mein soch rahi hai?" Krishna asked.
"Haan, Krishna. Jab meine unhe bataya tab woh thode disappointed lag rahe the. Unhone kaha hai ki mein joh bhi karti hoon usse woh okay hai par phir bhi mujhe kuch theek nahi lag raha. Samjh nahi aa raha ki kya karu?" Pallavi told her problem to Krishna.
"Didi, aapko jo sahi lagta hai wahi aap karo. Aage jaake agar kuch problems aayi toh woh aapko face karni hai. Vijay Uncle abhi working nahi hai. Unhe pata nahi hai ki market mein kya situation hai. Woh sab aapko pata hai toh aap apne hisab se decision lijiye." Pallavi agreed with whatever Krishna told her and decided to do whatever she felt was right.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The next day was a free day for Raghav. He had decided to go for sight seeing. He woke up quite early than his usual time. He did his morning routine and video called Pallavi.
"Hello, baby!!" He exclaimed.
"Hello." She replied meekly.
"Why do you seem upset. Is everything okay? Did that Sanki Buddha say anything to you?" He asked.
"Raghavvv, he's my Baba. Stop calling him Sanki Buddha."
"Fine. Leave that. Tell me what are you upset about?" He asked.
"Nothing. Just work." Pallavi answered because she knew that if Raghav knows about Baba, he will surely end up saying some mean things about him.
"I know your shop is in profit from the past few months. So, tell me what is upsetting you?"
"Nothing Raghav. It's just that I am missing you." She replied. It was true that she was missing him but her being upset was not related to it.
"I know you are missing me, but that surely is not the reason of you being upset. Tell me." He said.
"Raghav, you are overthinking. It's nothing like you are thinking." Pallavi tried her luck again thinking that he would buy her excuse.
"Pallavi, are you going to tell me the truth? I am asking this for the last time." He warned her.
"Raghav, if nothing has happened then what truth will I tell you?" She asked looking here and there.
That was it, his patience was running out. He was hell angry by now. He knew that Pallavi was upset because Baba was disappointed with her decision to wait. Keerti had told this to him by calling him early morning. He just wanted to talk to Pallavi about this but here, she wasn't even ready to share her problem with him.
"Fine. It's okay if you don't want to tell me. I understand that you don't want to share your problems with me. I was a fool to think that I am someone with whom you can share everything. I am so sorry for misunderstanding my position in your life." He said and hanged up.
He wasn't angry or anything now. He was quite upset. He shared everything with her. He shared his insecurities, vulnerabilities with her but she did not even bother to tell him what was upsetting her. She had always done this. Never had she trusted him enough to tell him what was bothering her. Even when her Baba called him to meet, she had hidden it till he forced her to tell and even now she was doing the same thing. He wanted to be that person in her life to whom she can turn to but, she was hell bent on not giving him a chance. She had to do everything all alone. He decided to not speak to her until, she realizes her mistakes.
She called him multiple time but he ignored the call and went for sight seeing. His phone was buzzing the entire time because of her calls. How he wanted to pick up her calls!! But, he had to be a little hard with her so that she doesn't do it again.