76.

They finally reached Kolhapur and it was time to meet the family. Pallavi was excited as she was visiting Kolhapur after a long time while, Raghav was nervous about how would things go.

After half an hour rickshaw ride, they reached Pallavi's home. It was not in some posh locality but, was rather in a place which is connected to the roots of the culture there. It was an one floored white bungalow. The first floor did not occupy rooms as such but, had a big terrace to it. The roof was made with red terracotta clay tiles which was the characteristic feature of the bungalows there. The house was beautiful in itself and radiated a certain warmth. Pallavi looked around the area of the house to see the surroundings a little different than they were when she visited 6 months ago. Stepping in Kolhapur always made her extremely happy and now to be here with the love of her life increased her happiness ten folds. She was excited to show him all the places where she had been when she was young.

"I am jealous." Raghav said disturbing her from admiring her surroundings.

"What?"

"I said I am jealous because, you are ignoring your good looking boyfriend just for this view."

"Stop being cheesy, Raghav." She said slightly hitting his arm.

"If you are done admiring the view, can we ring the bell and go inside?" He said and she rang the bell. As soon as the door opened, she was greeted with an over excited Vahini who did not waste a moment and hugged her tightly. Dada asked from behind who it was and was equally happy to see Pallavi.

"Mujhe laga ki aap dono darwaaja khologe humesha ki tarah." Pallavi said entering the house along with Raghav.

"Kya batau tujhe Pallu!! Inka do baar popat ho gaya."

"Aisa kya hua?"

"Hume laga tu aayi hai isliye hum dono aa gaye darwaja kholne aur aaya kon? Society ka secretary, iss mahine ka bill dene aur dusri baar Pramila Tai aa gayi toh dono baar humara popat ho gaya isliye iss baar ye aaye hi nahi." Vahini said and all of them laughed.

"Waise, Dada, Vahini ye Raghav hai."

"Namaskar." Raghav said joining his hands in a namaste pose. Pallavi was shocked that how did he know this.(In Marathi, people generally don't say Namaste,  they say Namaskar.) Dada gave him a nod while Vahini returned the gesture.

"Tum log baitho, main chai naashta lati hoon tum dono ke liye." Saying this Vahini went to the kitchen leaving Dada, Pallavi and Raghav in the hall.

"Kase aahat tumhi, Dada?" (How are you?) Raghav asked lightly smirking at Pallavi.

"Bara ahe, Bara aahe." (I am fine.) Dada said to which Raghav gave  a smile.

"Me pan bara aahe."(I am fine too.) Raghav said smiling.

"Me vicharla?" (Did I ask you?) Dada asked with an emotionless face.

"Emi?"(What)

"Dada keh rahe hai ki unhone tumhe pucha kya ki tum kaise ho?"

"Nahi."

"Yeh do line hi ratt ke aa gaye Marathi ki? Aur kuch nahi aata?" Dada asked.

"Abhi seekh raha hai."

"Kab tak seekhoge?"

"Seekh jaayega thoda din mein." Raghav said to which Dada nodded curtly.

"Don ho meine suna hai?" Dada asked after a moment of silence.

"Aho, inhe fresh toh hone dijiye." Vahini said and Raghav breathed a sigh of relief. "Pallu, beta unhe tera room dikha de." Vahini said and they were about to leave when Dada stopped them.