13.

Raghav was now finding Pallavi. He finally found her busy rehearsing for her dance performance in the open ground at the back side of the hall. He was again mesmerized seeing her dance but broke out of his reverie when the music stopped. He went near her.
"Saree Ka Dukaan, you are married?" Raghav asked in disbelief.
Raghav noticed the change in expressions on Pallavi's face but still he did not budge from his mission of understanding the situation.
"What is happening here? Who is Mandar? Is he your husband? Where is he?" He continued with his questions.
"Raghav I will explain all this to you later." Pallavi said not meeting his eyes.
"I want to know about it now." Raghav demanded.
"It is a long story Raghav. You won't understand it." Pallavi spoke still not meeting his questioning gaze.
"How can you assume that I won't understand this? I can even understand Astrophysics so, this is nothing in front of it." Raghav said proudly.
"Do you know even the spelling of Astrophysics? Aaya bada "I understand Astrophysics" bolne wala." Pallavi said mimicking him.
"Do not dare challenge me. I am Raghav Rao. I was a topper in my school. "
"Were you in a school of mentally unstable people or people having less brain capacity? That is the only reason that can justify you as the topper." Pallavi retaliated.
"Oh hello Saree Ka Dukaan, it seems you were in any of those schools looking at your brain capacity and not me. "
"Ghamandi Rao!! I am going to kill you now." She said with an angry pout.
She looked extremely cute whilst doing that.
"Accha now you are angry ? And when you called me mad, it was okay for you?"
"I never said that."
"You never said it but you meant the same thing." Raghav concluded.
"I don't have time for your nonsense I am leaving. I have a lot of work." Pallavi stormed out of the ground to look for the arrangements.

--------------------------------------------------------------

There were no rituals today so there was not a lot of work except for checking the arrangements for dinner. Pallavi was checking those when she met Aai.
"Pallu, tu Aai (Vidya)ke saamne to nahi aayi na." Aai inquired.
"Tension mat lijiye, main nahi gayi unke saamne. Par Aai ye kab tak aisa chalta rahega. Hamesha Raghav ko to Mandar banakar nahi rakh sakte na hum."
"Haan Pallu, par kya kare. Abhi tune unke saamne Raghav ko Mandar kaha isliye warna hum unhe bata dete ki yeh Raghav hai, Mandar nahi. Aur na hi hum unke saamne Mandar ke death ke baare mein bol sakte hai warna woh puri tarah toot jaayegi. Baba ke jaane ke baad unki haalat bohot kharab thi. ICU mein rakha tha unhe. Maut se ladhkar aayi hai woh. Hum phirse unhe us condition mein nahi daal sakte. Isliye unse jooth bolna pad raha hai varna konsi beti apni maa se jhoot bolna chahegi?" Sharda spoke remembering those emotionally tiring days.
"Haan Aai, mein samajhti hoon par abhi function ke baad Raghav apne ghar pe chala jaayega tab kya batayenge hum Aaji ko?"
"Woh hum tab ka tab dekh lenge abhi chalte hai kyunki tujhe bhi dance karna hai na."
The conversation between Sharda and Pallavi was heard by Jaya who was standing nearby.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Ab apne classical dance se hum sabko entertain karne ke liye aayengi humari Pallavi vahini. " Nikhil who was hosting the ceremony spoke. Aai had already informed all the family members about what had happened and instructed everyone to behave accordingly. Even Sulochana and Amruta agreed to it because they had a soft corner for Aaji.
Pallavi took the centre stage and started her performance on 'Ghar More Pardesiyaa.' Her hands and legs moved gracefully with music. Everyone clapped for her. But a certain someone was so lost in the performance that he was unaware about the surroundings. She saw his reaction and was low key happy.
Aaji was also thoroughly impressed by her performance and called her. Pallavi said she will come after changing her dress. Pallavi asked Sharda to accompany her so that she can cover up if Pallavi makes a mistake.
Pallavi changed her dress and went to meet Aaji.
"Pallavi bacha tune mera dil khush kar diya. Mujhe nahi pata tha ki tu itna accha nachti hai. Najar na lage kisi ki." Saying so she put a Kala Tika behind Pallavi's ear.
"Thank you Aaji."
Pallavi was standing just in front of Aaji  and Aaji noticed that she had not worn her Mangalustra.
"Pallavi beta tune Mangalustra nahi pehna?" Aaji questioned.
"Pehna hai na Aai. Woh bas thoda pallu ke piche hai kyunki iss dress pe accha nahi lagega na isliye. "Sharda said covering up for Pallavi.
"Accha aisa hai kya. Par phir mujhe dikh kyu nahi raha?"
"Aree woh chota waala pehna hai isliye. Waise bhi aapki aankhe kamjor ho gayi hai Aai. Maine kaha tha aapko ki operation karwalo par aap meri baat hi nahi maanti." Sharda said fumbling a little.
"Haan. Par beta phir abhi aise functions mein aise aana accha nahi lagta. Jaa jaake apna Bada wala Mangalustra pehen ke aa."
"Par woh iss dress ke saath match nahi karega. " Sharda spoke again.
"To saadi badal ke aa jaa na beta aur Mandar ko Mangalustra pehnane ke liye bolna."
"Thike Aaji." Pallavi said helplessly.
Pallavi draped a Saree and came back hiding her gold chain behind her pallu.
When Aaji again asked her she said this was her Mangalustra as it had black beads at the end. But, Aaji insisted on wearing the big one.
"Mandar ko bula ke laa jaa."
"Haan Aaji."
Raghav came there.
"Baccha Pallavi ko uska  Mangalustra pehna. De Pallavi usko."
Pallavi forwarded her hand. In the meantime, Raghav got a call and told  Aaji that he will be back in a minute.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It was Amma who had called him. She asked him to come near the entrance.
"Amma aapne bulaya?"
"Haan. Woh unlogo ka please help karde. Woh bohot accha log hai par abhi unpe condition hi aisa aaya hai ki unko jhoot bolna pad raha hai. Please."
"Theek hai Amma. Tum bol raha hai isliye mein yeh sab kar raha hai. Abhi mein unko batane hi waala tha ki main Mandar nahi hai."
"Tera muh dekhke mein samjh gaya tha, isliye teko bulaya."
Raghav looked at his Amma with teary eyes as she went off. She still understood what was going on in his mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Raghav returned near Aaji. He and Pallavi were looking at each other awkwardly.
"Dekh kya rahe ho pehenao." Aaji said.
"Aai aaj toh mansi ke shaadi ka function hai na yaha pe Mandar aur Pallavi thodi na apne shaadi ki rasam puri karenge." Sulochana came to the rescue.
"Haan barabar hai. Pallu ja beta apne room mein jaakar pehen kar aa." Aai said.
"Mandar tu bhi ja." Aaji said immediately.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Pallavi stood in front of the mirror trying to hook the Mangalustra but it was stuck and not getting hooked. Raghav who was watching her struggle came behind her and took it in his hand. He swiftly unhooked it and hooked it again. In this process, his hands touched her back sending shivers down her spine. Even he felt different but both of them ignored it.
"Thank you." Pallavi said hurriedly and tried to go out of the room.
Raghav held her hand and stopped her.
"Manners seekh raha hai tum. Good!" He tried to light up the mood as he saw that she was scared and nervous.
"Mujhme already manners the, bas tumhare saamne nahi nikalte the." Pallavi replied.
"Ohh... Par ab toh tumko manners dikhana hi padega, husband jo hai mai tera." He said pulling her closer.
Pallavi was lost in the close proximity and did not know what to reply.
"Kaha kho gaya tum biwi?" He whispered into her ears sensually.
That's when she came back to her senses. She pushed him away but he held her through her hand.
"Koi pati nahi ho tum mere. Woh toh sirf Aaji ke samne natak karna hai isliye." She spoke looking down still affected by the touch of his hands.
He let go off her only to take her hand in his.
"Main bhi natak hi kar raha hai. Aaji ke saamne thoda realistic dikhe isliye." He said smirking.
"Ab agar blush karke hua hoga to chale?" He asked her.
"Haan."

Author's Note -  I tried writing bit of romance here. I hope I did a fair job. I know the Mangalustra part was a bit boring but it is there just to add drama  and also because Raghav could tease her later. Hope you like it. Please give me your honest feedbacks.

Date - 28th April 2022.