88.

Today was the Sangeet ceremony. Pallavi was getting ready in her room when Vahini started scolding her taking her by surprise.

"Why are you wearing this? You were supposed to wear that green lehenga, Pallu. When will you start listening to other people?" Vahini scolded.

"Vahini, but it's green in color."

"So?"

"If you are forgetting something then, let me remind you that I'm still a widow. I am not married yet." Pallavi reasoned why she wasn't wearing green. (In Maharashtrian weddings, green is a very important color as it is considered as the color of suhaag.)

"Pallu, stop with this and go change." Vahini ordered as she did not like it when Pallavi called herself a widow.

"But.."

"No ifs and buts, you are going and changing into this lehenga." Vahini said almost pushing her into the room.

"Pawni, where is Pallu?" Aai asked entering the room.

"Aai, she's changing."

"She still hasn't got ready? We have to leave now."

"Aai, she just has to change. Her hair and makeup is done." Pawni said.

"Get her down fast. We can't be late."

"Ho Aai." Pawni said and Aai left the room. Pallavi had changed and came out wearing that lehenga and Pawni applied Kajal to the back of her ear. "Najar na lage kisiki." Pawni said and took her to the car to leave for the venue.

As they reached the venue, everyone got busy in checking the arrangements and Pallavi was left alone in her room. She was about to call Raghav when a knock on the door disturbed her. She got up to open the door and saw Raghav standing with horrified expressions on his face.

"Get aside and let me enter." Raghav said as he pushed Pallavi and entered her room.

"Why are you here? What if someone sees us? Don't you understand a simple thing that we can't meet before the wedding." Pallavi started with her bad bad only to be stopped by Raghav who kept his hand on her mouth.

"Listen, just keep your mouth shut. I am here to give you something. Take that and I'll go." Raghav said and took out the payal from his pocket and made her wear that.

"Raghav, this is too expensive." Pallavi said and Raghav couldn't help but, roll his eyes.

"Pallavi, don't look at the price. I've bought this out of love so, please accept it. Please." Raghav said showing her his puppy face.

"Raghav, your puppy face won't work. I am not taking it." Pallavi said and gave the Payal to him.

"Please."

"No." Pallavi said sternly and tried pushing him out of the room but, couldn't as Raghav was twice her size.

"I am not going anywhere until you accept my gift." Raghav said not ready to go.

"Fine but, I want to change it. I don't like the design." Pallavi said as she thought that she'll exchange it for a cheaper one.

"What is wrong in this one? I made it just for you."

"Okay, I'll accept it." Pallavi said and took it as he had specially designed it for her but, Raghav understood something was wrong.

"Pallavi, I know you liked it then, why are you sad?"

"Raghav, it's too expensive." Pallavi reasoned.

"It's okay. If I won't gift you anything then who will?" Raghav countered.