Chapter 8

MOONBYUL POV

As I woke up, I checked my phone. It was 3 a.m. When I looked at my side I didn't see solar.

"Huh? Why is she not here?" As I said, I got up and looked for her.

"Unnie?" I knocked on the bathroom but she wasn't there, I went to the kitchen but she wasn't there too. I walked to the living room but there was no one there.

I saw a silhouette on the veranda, I walked towards her. She's here.

"Hey, why are you here?" I said, I sat beside her. "You scared me... I can't sleep," she said while mesmerized the city lights. 

"What do you want to do? Are you hungry? I'll cook some food?" I asked but she declined. " Wanna watch a movie?" I asked. She looked at me and shakes her head.

"What do you want to help you fall asleep, ?" I asked again but she shrugged her shoulders.

"Wait for me here, I'll take you some milk" As I said, I went inside and took solar's milk and blanket. It's cold outside and she might be cold.

I went back to solar and I put the blanket around her. "Wear this, you might get cold, here's your milk" 

"Thank you," She said and smiled at me.

We are just mesmerized the city lights, moon, and stars. She lay down her head on my shoulders.

"Aren't you sleepy?" I asked. "Maybe later, I just get bad nightmares earlier," she said before she sipped her milk.

"Hmmm? What is it?" I asked

"I got into an accident with…" She replied, but she stopped. "With whom?"

"With you," She said, "That's cruel. It's just a nightmare, It won't happen."

She just nodded and was filled with silence again. I opened my Spotify and play some music.

Playing "For Me by Moonbyul"

I don't even know why I'm like this either
Yeah, so cruel
I remember the day I told you
I want you to run and catch me
I know, such a bad thing
Until today, I'm still a bad X

This sofa in the corner room of a long night
The warmth you left behind
You keep bothering me so much
Everyone said they broke up in good way
Even that's such a disgusting thing
I don't know if I remember
Why do you keep reminding me of you
It's all over

I didn't realize that I'm humming and singing now. When I looked at solar she was sleeping on my shoulder now, I carried her in the bride style back to her room.

"She really fell asleep? That's nice" My thoughts said that makes me smile. As I carried her, I went to her room.

I lay her down slowly and cover her with a blanket, I lay down too and sleep again.

---

I woke up so early and I prepared breakfast for us. Solar is still sleeping, she must be scared of her nightmares that's why she woke up in the middle of the night.

"Good Morning" I heard solar, she was walking with her crutches now, "Good Morning, Is it still hurt?" As I reached, she nodded.

I walked toward her and helped her to sit. "Slow down"

"You cook this?" She asked while rubbing her eyes like a kid. "No… My other half cooked that" I jokingly said and she frowned at me. 

"Kidding, Of course. Here Let's eat" As I said, I saw her pouting before she ate. Cute.

"Why? You don't like it?" As I said, She shakes her head. "Okay"

The day was filled with our laughter, talking, and teasing. 

Jisoo told me that I don't have to cook. She already bought some food for our dinner and she was on her way.

"Yong, Go now and clean" As I said she nodded. I helped her to walk to the bathroom. "Call me when you're done" 

Solar is already done bathing. I'm the one who helped her with her ankle to clean, "It hurts?" 

"Be careful, It hurts" she said while groaning. "Oh sorry, it's already finished" 

"Okay, Done!" As I said, she mouthed 'Thank you' 

"Be careful next time. Don't get hurt" I warned her. "Yes Ma'am!" She said and laughed so loud.

I heard the doorbell, Jisoo must be here. I quickly opened the door. But Jisoo isn't her, she looks like an Old woman.

"Byul? Why are you taking so long? Who is that?" I heard solar.

"Who are you? Why are you here in my daughter's condo?" The old woman said, She must be Solar's Mom. Of course, she is. She already told her daughter's condo.

"I'm –" I was about to speak when I heard solar groan. "B-byul? Aaah!! Ouch!!"

"Yong?" As I said, I quickly went to her. She fell on the couch, "Hey, Hey are you okay? Clung to me, I'll help you to stand." I worriedly said and she clung to me.

"Are you okay? I told you not to stand or walk without your crutches" I uttered. I cupped her face and wiped her flowing tears, "Don't Cry,"

"Sorry, you took so long that's why" 

"Y-yongsun? What happened to you?" The old woman said. "Why are you here?" Solar looked at her mom while wiping her tears.

"Why can't I be here in my daughter's condo?" The old woman said while frowning at solar. "I don't have time to have a quarrel with you, mom. I want some rest. Can you leave for now?"

"Byul, Help me now. I want to sleep." Solar added and I just nodded.

"Ya! Kim Yongsun!" The old woman said, I looked at her sign and waited for me. She nodded and sat on the couch.

"Tell her to leave now cause I don't want to face her... Let me know if Jisoo is already here" Solar said with her cold tone and I just nodded and left her room.

"I'm sorry for what she acts ma'am, she must be tired," I said and bowed to the old woman. "She is still stubborn, Hays."

"I'll go now," 

"I'll send you off, ma'am" As I said, she nodded and I assisted her. I slowly close the door. 

"What happened to her?" The old woman said.

"She sprained her ankle yesterday when she's going to work," I said. She just gave a big sigh. "Who are you? It's my first time seeing you, ''the old woman said. 

"Pardon?" I said while looking at her.

"Who are you? It's was my first to see you here" 

"I'm Moon Byul-Yi, a new forecaster in our department," I said, I bowed to her and she nodded.

"Thank you for taking care of Yongsun, I'll go now," The old woman said and Left. "Take care ma'am" 

---

TO BE CONTINUED…

All rights reserved. Plagiarism is a crime.