What's Done, Is Done

[A 10 Month Old Memory]

Kris Tang

After holding their breath, The Demon before them collapses to the ground, sizzling and burning the carpet before shifting  back instantly.

Nyku, Mirah, Momma Fei and I all stare intensely as the fur disappears right under our eyes, revealing toned and muscular, scorched, bronze skin with long curly hair flowing down it's back.

Now laying on the burnt sizzling carpet, was Bahm as we all remembered him. Hair long like the first time he was banished to Hell hundreds and hundreds of years ago, according to Nyku, and nails longer than ever.

I charged over right away, pushing the long curly hairs away from Bahm's face, but his body was still scalding hot to the touch and I hissed when my fingertips began burning.

"I'll go get Leolo and his men!"

Nyku leaves the area while everyone stayed behind investigating the strange welted abrasions on Bahm's body. We knew Bahm healing regeneration was impossibly quick, never having injuries that leave him marks and scars, so why was his whole top of his back covered in these symbolic looking abrasions?

"Bahm?

Can you hear me?"

Quickly I shake Bahm's body, ignoring the burn and concentrating on my best friend's well being.

"He seems to be in a trauma induced coma, Kris.
He must've suffered much on his way up."

Mirah shivers and looks over to Momma Fei, then she sniffs the air and runs her hands through the smoke leaving Bahm's body.

The first time Bahm ever absorbed other Demons into his body, was the last time he went to hell so he could escape.

This was one everyone's mind here in the room. We prayed to the Heavens that he would be his regular self again. Despite the new demonic looking form his wolf had taken on.

Moments later Leolo and his strongest men hoisted Bahm up from the floor and onto a wooden plank before all four men carried him up to the healing chambers.

"Careful with his neck!" Momma Fei shots worriedly after seeing Bahm's head lolled over.

Everyone that cared and heard about The King's return, swarms inside the chambers, fearing the worst had happened to him. For some, he is the last and only son of their mighty and highly respectable former King, Ba'Hari. So as immature and naive he may be to some beings in The Kingdom, he was sincerely loved and protected by his people as well.

I, of all beings, was a nervous wreck the most. I couldn't quite put together why Bahm's wolf,  Aldrerix, would take on another form, and I kept wondering if Nyku and Momma Fei have ever seen him in a Lycan form like today, but they all shook their heads in shock.

It's not as though Bahm was a shapeshifter whom could shape his body however he wanted, he was a Wolf, never a Lycan walking on two feet! Although it bothered the two women, they remained silent, leaving me to believe something had indeed gone wrong.