Is It Over, Now?

Kris' P.O.V

After carrying Hunnie's unconscious body back to the castle and taking Leolo's blood to heal, I feared what would happen once they were both awake.

Would everything be the same again?

It hurt to think about how I couldn't have Hunnie as a mate anymore. I loved her dearly. I always will, always and forever.

"Hey, you alright back there?" Leolo asks with Bahm over his shoulders.

"Yeah." A blank groan slips my lips.

"You did good, Kris.

You're a strong kid."

"I'm not a kid!" 

"You're an infant in my 2000-year-old eyes."

The soldiers around us began laughing, but no laughter would emit from my mouth anymore, and I wasn't okay. Every fiber in my body convinced me that I was the old and lost son of The Demon Wolf King whom I befriended over 20 years ago.

Suddenly, a  sick chuckle escaped my lips, and I laughed like a maniac.

"Well...I'm not that far behind you. If the rumors are true!"

The rest of the walk back to the castle was silent as I walked ahead of them all. Hunnie was talking in her sleep, and I only wanted to hurry and care for her. 

Leolo blurted that Mirah was waiting by the edge of the castle border, ready to help care for Hunnie and Bahm immediately.

That wasn't all who waited by the castle perimeter for us.

Momma Fei, Nyku, and some of the dead werewolves Bahm had killed earlier today all waited for us as we exited the jungle.

"Here, here!

I'll take her." 

Mirah and two other wolves placed Hunnie onto some magical floating bed that Suki controlled and quickly rushed up the hill toward the castle. 

I plopped down on the grass as my feet passed and soaked up the setting sun's rays.

What a day.

I only hoped whatever Hunnie was chanting worked on Bahm, but it seemed it did because his scent was back to normal. Hunnie's scent now smelled like Bahm's much more, too.

I always knew it would be her to save everyone. That's all she ever used to do, save humans and supernatural beings.