Results You Wanted

Hunnie Inzotta

"Hi Doc--Doctor Linsa?"

"Yes Hunnie, it's me."

"May I come in an hour earlier, I'm really feeling unwell."

Standing by the kitchen counter hunched over in pain and clutching my stomach, my eyes were closed shut as I spoke on my cellphone.

"Yes of course darling.

Do you need an ambulance--"

"No!

No...

 I can drive..." A breathily sigh of exhaustion leaves my mouth.

"Alright sweetie,

Come right away!" She clicks the phone off.

Struggling to stand on my own two feet, I had to ask myself why was I in pain. Two weeks have passed and all I've been doing was resting and eating when I could, so why do I hurt?

Is it Bahm again?

"Maybe my cycle is finally starting?"

Speaking sluggishly to myself, I retrieve my car keys off the hook of the kitchen wall, sliding my feet into the first pair of sandals lining the front door and walking right through, disregarding the short bed wear I was still wearing.

My lower stomach and thighs throbbed with every step I took down the porch and to the white picket fence. 

Wincing but keeping my eyes on the floor, I desperately just wanted to hurry and sit inside my warm leather seats.

"Good afternoon Miss Hunnie!"

Yelled the neighbor across the street, but I was too busy counting my agonizingly slow and steady steps to the car.

"Miss Hunnie?

Are you alright?" The man yells again, taking a few steps down his porch stairs.

Finally realizing he was indeed taking to me, I lift my head in confusion, sending him a crooked pained smile. Nodding, I wave back, finally lowering my arms from my midsection and standing straight before sitting in the car.

By the time I arrived to the clinic, my doctor was already waiting for me in the lobby.

She must be alarmed since she hasn't seen me in over two years.