Unusual Ways

Bahm

"Would you please talk to him for me?

I don't particularly appreciate seeing him like this, Bahm.

He did nothing wrong, and you're treating him like everything is his fault. 

Think about how he's handling this all and how alone he must be."

My jaws clenched at Hunnie's words.

I didn't have it in me to face Kris.

Feelings of disgust crept all over my body at the slightest thought of him.

"He's...

Your son, Bahm."

My eyes finally landed on her. She's been choosing her tone and questions wisely. Afraid to upset me, and it made me feel bad. She didn't have to fear me.

"I'll be right here if you want.

Kris would be more comfortable if I sat down with you both, too, he said.

How about you?"

I forgot I couldn't hear anything in his spelled and enchanted chamber. Jealousy almost floods me, wondering what else they speak upon when Hunnie enters his chambers. I hoped he wasn't touching her anymore, knowing his place now!

After miserably nodding to her request, Hunnie drags me over to Kris's quarters as I'm left out in the hall while she enters through his door to fetch him.

"Hey, Kris..."

Even his scent lingering out in the hall made me feel disgusted. It wasn't because I hated him or anything. It was because I hated myself for everything I put him through. None of this was his fault, but he forced me to do a lot, which bothered me the most.

"He's in the hall.

Are you going to be okay?"
I hear Hunnie ask before I see her stepping out the doors.

"Can I actually...

Talk to him alone?"

I turn to face the wall, sensing Kris approaching now. I thought he was okay with Hunnie being here with us!

Silence filled the air, and I couldn't get myself to speak. My body tensed incredibly, and I couldn't move. I could hear him breathing and smell my scent pouring out of my heart.

"S-So...you can't even look at me anymore, huh?"

I bit my tongue with my eyes shut, lowered my head, and began clenching down on my jaw harshly that I thought I heard a crack. This is my spawn...I have to do and be better, but I can't handle everything we've been through together only to find out he's mine!

"No.

I can't."

"But why?"
His voice croaks and something profound inside me aches, creating a fire. 

I roared, feeding into the other emotion I knew very well, anger, and I faced him, eyeing his teary, swollen, and baggy eyes.