At Stake

Hunnie Inzotta

"Should we also get married today?"

The heavy scent of sweet red oak fans my face as my eyes flickered open, looking into those jade green eyes that no grassy fields could ever replenish this deep with our kind of love.

My lips crack when I try to smile, and Bahm caresses my face in my sleepy state. Confusion flooded me quickly once I didn't recall where I was.

"Woah, it's okay.

They're right there."

Bahm says as I sit up hastily and point to my left side.

"My mom and the girls?"

"They all met at your old house after Nyku used your phone to text them, then I teleported them while you slept. They saw that you were resting and the babies were feeding, so they're eating now and waiting for you."

A sigh of relief leaves my mouth.

 Wow, I had twins! I wondered what the look on everyone's face was! No wonder I felt so heavy. Hubi's small body must've been hiding behind Bahari's!

I cover my mouth as my eyes blur with tears, watching my two children wrapped together in a black silk cloth. A red ribbon tied them together as they slept peacefully next to each other. I thought about all the boy clothing I had in Kris' room.

"You did it."

"I can't believe I carried two," a small chuckle escaped me, but I couldn't take my eyes off my precious bundles of joy until Bahm placed his hands on my shoulder.

While turning to look at him, the room was empty and dim, with much sunlight from the window illuminating one side of the room, and he hooked my chin to kiss me. His lips were hot and soft against my dry ones.

"How are you feeling?

I didn't heal you yet.

You automatically bounced back to the way you were."

Bahm says, and I look down the covers, sliding my hand along my smooth stomach. It wasn't big and complex, but back to my familiar voluptuous figure.

"I mean...I feel fine right now. Little fever, and my breasts are sore and heavy."

"Anna said you might experience that, and maybe even some bleeding. We aren't sure what to expect since you're immortal now."

Huh?

"Immortal?" I tilt my head and look back to my side at my babies.

Bahm sighs and stands straight up. He wears a stressed look before his mouth opens to speak. 

"Well...Leolo had one job to do when you got hurt by me in The Dungeons.

 It was to give you MY BLOOD...and I guess he gave you HIS." He spoke with a clenched jaw.

WOAH!

WHAT!

"SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?" I shrieked!