Clearer Minds

Hunnie Inzotta

Bahm was huddled up in the corner of the room with Leolo, assuring him everything would be fine once his memories were too erased.

"I'm going in now.

He's entirely under."

 Mirah says, and I nod my head, looking behind me again to ensure my mate and babies are okay and still asleep.

The scapular cuts along the dotted line on Kris' chest, oozing blood right away while suki dotted a paper towel along the cut. Mirah then pulls another syringe from her jacket pocket and injects Kris again, which causes his bleeding to stop.

The pain of feeling like a traitor who couldn't be a good mate had disappeared. It made me sad knowing our mate connection was gone, but now all I could feel and focus on was Bahm's dreadful connection, along with a pained ache in my heart.

Bahm couldn't get himself to watch the process with Kris, and I never blamed him. Their bond on this earth was like anything anyone would ever experience, and on the other hand, I watched Mirah open his ribcage like an expert coroner.

There it was.

Two beating hearts connected right alongside each other. One was a bit larger, and it was Bahm's from its scent.

"Your Highness, it's your turn," Suki slips the helmet device from Kris' head and walks around the other side of the large four-poster bed.

"I want to feel all the pain, don't give me that needle." Bahm spat out in agony. He got up from the floor as Leolo began patting his shoulder. His body shook miserably, and his face was wet.

"Are you sure!!" Both Mirah and I uttered over to him. He nods and staggers passed me to the bed, lying on the other end with his eyes trained on me. I came to him immediately, wiping his face and brushing his hair.

Suki begins with her magic, severing their heart with a beam shooting out of her finger. She was much more skilled than I thought, and I hoped to be a Witchdoctor like herself one day!

I watch the laser beam lifts Bahm's heart out of Kris' body, and then a pulsating dark barrier surrounds it. The fresh scent of Dark Magic was being used, and I knew Bahm was indeed assisting Suki in this.

"Hunnie, I want you also to forget this. 

I don't want ever to have to question you and feel like you're hiding something. 

Do this for me, too, please." Bahm says.

"Yes, of course," I nod right away. The thought of him discovering why we erased his memories would be horrible for all of us.