You'll Never Understand

Hunnie Inzotta

I stared up at Kris helplessly, there must be more of an explanation as to why I couldn't see my mate!

we stand in the bathroom together, eyeing one another, listening to the sound of feet scuffling just outside the doors and to the hall. 

Kris could feel the shift in my aura after receiving the horrible news and it sent shivers down my spine. He knew I wouldn't go down this easily, so why was he here telling her this!

I could feel how deranged I must look. My nose was stuffy and running and my eyes were putting up a fight to stay open.

I was exhausted!

"Wh—What...
What do you m-mean...
I-I...I can't be with him?"

An unexpected sob erupted from the bottom of my throat. Thinking and praying maybe I heard Kris wrong. I tried holding back my tears, but my shock failed me.

"Exactly what it sounds like.

You aren't allowed to be with him, nor talk to him...

That's orders from his mother. Now don't upset us anymore."

"--But Kris!

I-I've m-missed him...

Why?...

I'm sorry...please let me see him!"

I plead, my knees becoming wobbly and I fall down to the ground, crying in my palms. This must be another dream. This can't be surreal. I can't be with my mate now?

"Hunnie I mean it!" Kris straightens his posture and squints his eyes while aggressively talking through his teeth.

"You mustn't approach him...

H-He's... different now...

His mother doesn't want him being triggered...

By you."

My mouth hangs wide open in shock.

 My whole world crumbled down right before my eyes. Tears flowed down my cold, lifeless face endlessly as I watched Kris lower his head and walked out of the bathroom. I couldn't understand how he could go along with such enforced rules! I'm his mate too!

These, are my mates for heavens sake!

I have a bond with them!

I rush up onto my feet with  ecstatic energy flying out from nowhere, out the doors of the bathroom, and frantically looking around for Kris through the now filled halls again.

"KRIS!" I yell once I spot his shiny brown hair bouncing through the crowd.

Kris only looks over his shoulder slightly and continues walking straight ahead.