Act 4 ch 2

"I've got too much stuff" Victoria complains trying to fit all of her stuff into bags.

"What?!" Lorelai asks from upstairs. "Stuff, and it's your fault! You inculcated into me a tolerance for rampant consumerism" Victoria yells up to her.

"What?!" Lorelai asks again. "I'm getting just as bad, when did I become one of those girls with dozens of beauty products none of which are expendable? It used to be a touch of mascara, a dab of copper tone, zip, bam, boom, out the door" Rory asks packing her make up. "I heard copper and boom" Lorelai says from upstairs.

"Never mind, and what's going on? We're late" Rory replies.

"I'm looking for my camera" Lorelai says. "Oy vey she's looking for the camera" Victoria sighs.

"I heard that" Lorelai tells her. "That she hears" Rory turns to her sister. "It is my prerogative as your mother to record any events in my daughters lives that I do choose. It's in the mothers' handbook" Lorelai walks down stairs.

"Does Luke know that you can't drive stick?" Victoria asks.

"Why?" Lorelai asks her. "Because you borrowed his truck and it's a stick" Victoria answers.

"I can drive a stick" Lorelai says. "You can stir coffee with a stick, but you can't drive a stick" Rory disagrees. "Okay. I am glad I did not choose to record that particular moment in my daughter's life cause that was just ugly" Lorelai replies.

"We just want you to get there in one piece" Victoria tells her.

"You look out for me" Lorelai smiles. "Let's hit the road" Rory says.

"Oh, wait wait! This is it" Lorelai says as the twins grab garbage bags full of clothes. "This is the precise moment that I-I've been looking for! This is my daughters going off to college, this is my shot" she continues. "Okay, fine" Victoria says as her and Rory stop walking.

"Okay, look candid" Lorelai says taking their bags out of their hands.

"The very definition of candid means that the subject doesn't know the picture's being taken" Rory points out. "So forget the camera's there" Lorelai tells her.

"I'll try" Rory tries. "And smile" Lorelai says. Both twins look at the camera smiling.

"I'm not happy" Lorelai says looking at the picture.

"Why?" Victoria asks her. "It looks posed" Lorelai explains.

"How about this?" Rory asks letting out a deep sigh and gives the camera a go away look. "You know the stick we were talking about before? It looks like it's somewhere else now" Lorelai tells her. "You're having serious Annie Leibovitz delusions here" Rory replies.

"But it just looks like you're standing in a house no one will know that you're going off to college" Lorelai explains.

"Should we hold a sign?" Victoria asks. "Or do the going off to college walk" Lorelai suggests.

"The what?" Rory asks her. "The walk, the this" Lorelai bends her arms weird and starts fake walking in place. "You look like Alfalfa coming to pick up Darla" Victoria laughs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Luke" Victoria says walking into Luke's with her sister behind her.

"Hey, girls. Isn't today Yale?" he asks them. "We're going right now" Rory replies.

"You both look so calm. How are you feeling?" Luke asks. "A little nervous. But a last Luke's fix before I go will help" Victoria admits. "Well, today is whatever you want on the house" Luke tells them.