Chapter 109

How to count the days?
How to count the numbers of loved ones lost?
How to yearn for another day, when all you think is true is fake?

How to lead?
How to plan?
How to trust, when you have been betrayed by those who lead you?

They say it is simple.
They say it is easy.
They say, make your own way in life, no matter the outcome.
Be your own leader.
Be your own guiding light in the sea of darkest, dangerous, deep seas.

But can all things be as simple as that?
As simple as breathing?

—————————————————————————————————————————————
Mr Whittle, sat in the new refurbished pub in the large forest in a secret unknown place in the highlands, that hid this new organisation from the public.

It had been a week since Canada, China, Japan, Norway and Nepal, with the British intelligence came together, with most of the soldiers and there families from those same countries. And a week since they got betrayed by their government.

He was second in command of this new organisation, it was tearing him into pieces. He was from a army and British intelligence family, his family disowned him because of this major choice, even after he told them the truth.

He was about to drink a golden drink, that was only for the golden dragons of Zanatoo, when he heard a familiar voice saying "by the universe Anthony, you can't drink that" he looked up to see Jaddreirth standing there in a black top and jeans. Jaddreirth sat next to Anthony and said whilst ordering him a large vodka and coke "that mead, is not for human consumption. It will chuck you into a coma so quick and so long that you will only wake up in two months time" when the vodka and coke came, the barmaid put it down on the table in front of him with a small smile and then left. Anthony just scoffed at the drink and said "maybe that mead, would of been better" Jaddreirth took a sip of the mead, put it down and then said in a soft tone of voice "Anthony, an old friend used to tell me once: Nothing is ever set in stone, you can chip away at it. But when you become a leader, when you become someone to look up to, you cannot hide from that. Even if the world is against you, fight against it, make your own way in life. Even the greatest leaders in history, where never right, where never always good. But when the time came, they did what was right for their people, their country, their families, no matter how hard that weighed on their shoulders or hearts."

Anthony breathed out a long sigh and said with a mixture of annoyance and anger "but you don't understand, my family....friends....leaders...you don't understand. I have never gone against anyone, never betrayed anyone. Even if this is for the best, how....where do I start to become a good leader, when I can't even believe about.." Jaddreirth gave Anthony a small smile and said "no one is born to be a leader, you don't get trained to be a leader. If fate has given you this challenge, this calling, then you must come to its call no matter how painful that will be" he took a big gulp of his mead and said solemnly "to be quiet honest, I am still learning. When my world literally crumbled into pieces and I had to lead my people and many others, not once but twice. I had to become....try to become the leader that they wanted me to be. It will be hard at first, there will be times where you will be lost or make mistakes. But Anthony, the human race is not alone anymore, you have us and the Elven race to give you aide. It may never be enough, but at least it will be a start".
Anthony gave Jaddreirth a small smile and asked in a sarcastic voice "who made you into an all wise elf?"Jaddreirth just rolled his eyes heavenward and said "that is what happens when you keep council with elves" he then patted Anthony's right hand and said whilst getting up "drink your fill, something tells me that after tonight you will be too busy to have this pleasure" Jaddreirth left Anthony to finish his drink.