Chapter 10- I am so glad you're mine

*A weeks before the start of term and proposal*

You were sitting in Larissa's office talking to Marilyn while Larissa was in a meeting.
"So one week until you propose!" She says
"Yeah, it feels pretty real now," You respond laughing.
"Can I see the ring please" she begged
"Ok ok let me get it." You had hidden it in your mini safe that Larissa had no clue you had. You put in the code and it unlocked. You pulled out the deep blue box and walked over to Marilyn.
As you opened the box she gasped.
"That's beautiful Y/N, she'll love it!"
"Look on the inside," you say
As she looks on the inside, she notices the engraving.
"Was that the day you met?"
You nod.
"That's really cute, I'll think she'll love it,"
Yeah I think so. Thank you for all your help and support I couldn't have done this without you
"Let's go over the plan again, I want to be sure!" You say.
Marilyn was the person to credit for this, she organised it all. As I wanted to celebrate nevermore as that's where our relationship started, we got the students involved. Bianca's choir were performing I Wanna Be Yours by the arctic monkeys at the new year's concert. Wednesday was going to accompany them on her cello.
Enid and Xavier were incharge of distracting her in rehearsal that day. You were also going to be on stage with Larissa but hiding so she wouldn't suspect anything.
"I'm so happy for you!" Marilyn screamed. "It's going to be perfect! And I assume I'm already invited to the wedding" she giggles.
Larissa arrives back from her meeting and Marilyn leaves.

*Skip to a week later*

It was the day of your proposal and you were sweating. Marilyn was comforting you while enid and Xavier distracted Larissa. The other staff were setting up the hall and all knew about my proposal. Surprisingly they were all very super and wanted to help.
Because it was an annual concert everyone dressed up in sparkles do it worked out perfectly. One of the teachers had volunteered to photograph it and I agreed.

I decided to start singing rehearsal. Everything went smoothly until the last number, my proposal. As they started singing, I was so overwhelmed with nerves that I couldn't keep it together. Marilyn rushed over to take over and I calmed down.
My doubts were coming back but it was too late and anyway I loved Larissa.
The rest of the afternoon was spent finishing set up, practising the singing and the proposal and getting ready.
I walk into the hall and get up on stage. All the teachers decided that I had to make a speech and welcome Larissa out.

*time for concert*

"Good evening students and teachers. As you know I am professor Y/L/N and I am pleased to be here tonight. We have a wonderful set list tonight and also some dances from our dance troup. Performing will be our school choir accompanied by Wednesday Addams on the cello.
Our dance captain is Miss Enid sinclair and she us very excited to perform but before we get started, please welcome our Principal.... Larissa Weems!!" I say. Luckily, I had about an hour and a half until the proposal.

The songs and dances were wonderful and I was really proud of all my students. Then the time came.

"To close our show, the choir will be singing I wanna be yours by the arctic monkeys." Larissa said.
I sunck behind the choir with the ring box in my pocket (omg a dress with pockets).
They sing beautifully and when they finish we all clap and I walk out on stage.
"Larissa can you grab me that microphone that's just behind you" I say shaking.
As she turns I grab the ring and get down on one knee. When she looks back, she gasps.
"Larissa Weems, I know we only met in September but I truly think we are meant to be. When I first came her, I had no emotion for anyone, in fact I hated people. But when I laid eyes on you, something clicked. Something changed. I saw the world from a different view. Everything you've done for me Larissa, I'm so grateful for. You are my soulmate, I'll love you forever.
Now, Larissa, will you do the honour and marry me?" Tears start pooling in my eyes.
"YES YES YES!" She screams and kisses me. She looks like a 5 year old on Christmas. I take her hand and gently slip it on.
"Can I have the microphone please" I smile.
I wink at Bianca and Wednesday. They start singing Lover by Taylor Swift.
I start to sing and Larissa just laughs but is shocked when she realised that I could sing. "Can I go where you go, can we always be this close forever and ever" I continue. I grab her hand.
I sway with her. I see tears rolling down her face.
"And you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me" I sing winking at her.
"And at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover" I spin her round still singing
"Darling, you're my my my my, lover" I finish the song and kiss her.
Everyone erupted into applause and I just watch Larissa's tears roll down her cheeks as she smiled at me. We walk off stage and let the choir have their moment.
As we head upstairs, I just stare at here lovingly.
We reach our room and to another surprise, I whip out a bottle of champagne 🍾 and 2 glasses.
"Let's toast, to us, soon to be Mrs &Mrs " you announce pouring the drinks.
"To us" Larissa says and we cheers and drink. After a couple of glasses, I noticed Larissa was crying.
"What's wrong honey, do you not want to marry me?"
"No, I do but you're 20 years younger. Looking at you just makes me feel so old and unattractive. I don't want you to settle for me if you not 100% sure. You are still young," she starts to sob
"Honey, I love you and I want to be with you forever. I would love you if you were 40 years older than me. You are special Larissa Weems and I love you" you say hugging her tightly.
"I'm so glad I'm yours " Larissa whispers.
"And I'm so glad your mine"

1079 words
Authors note:
Hope you guys don't cringe I just wanted a cutesy proposal. This isn't the end and the wedding and more will be included. If you have any ideas please say 🫶🫶🫶