Chapter 42- What happened

It had been 2 years since your wife had left you. You never got over her though. You were still legally married because you could never be bothered to get divorce papers.

Olivia was in her last year of Nevermore and she was excited to graduate. She was going to become a teacher at Nevermore after she left.

Marilyn ended up moving in with you but nothing romantic never happened after that kiss. And as much as your family tried to get you to date someone, you heart couldn't bare to. Your students were worried about you aswell. Since Larissa left, you couldn't feel joy. You hadn't been to the Rave'n since or let them decorate for any holiday. They tried to throw you a birthday party but you just left.

One day, just before Christmas, you were sat in your office waiting for your interview. Marilyn had gone to get them and you were sat in your office, chatting with Olivia who was sitting in on the interview with you and Marilyn.
Marilyn hadn't said anything about this person but you needed a teacher so you just agreed.
Then there was a knock at the door.

"Y/n, there's a problem!" Marilyn says walking into your office.
"What is it?" You sigh, rolling your eyes.

She moved to the side slightly to reveal Larissa Weems.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY SCHOOL!" You scream almost jumping over the desk, ready to hit her.
"Y/n, let me explain myself!"
"NO YOU LEFT 2 YEARS AGO BECAUSE YOU LOVED SOMEONE ELSE. YOU DONT GET TO COME IN HERE AND EXPLAIN YOURSELF. I LOVED YOU AND I STILL DO. OUR DAUGHTER IS ALMOST  A GRADUATE AND YOU'VE MISSED ALL THAT TIME. MARILYN AND OLIVIA WILL TELL YOU HOW I FELL APART. I REFUSED TO LEAVE THE HOUSE MOST DAYS. I HAVEN'T BEEN TO A RAVE'N OR DECORATED FOR A HOLIDAY SINCE YOU LEFT BECAUSE YOU LEAVING TOOK MOST OF THE JOY OUT MY LIFE. THE ONLY THING KEEPING ME GOING IS OLIVIA SO JUST LEAVE!" You scream, collapsing onto the floor in tears. 

Olivia runs up to you, hugging you tightly. Larissa tries to walk towards you.
"Get the fuck away from my mother!" Olivia screamed.
"Olivia please!"
"No! You broke her. She cries most days. She refuses to do anything besides work. She came to my Rave'n for 4 minutes before she couldn't take it. You ripped our family apart. Even your cousins and aunt and uncle care more about her. They come down every birthday and Christmas."

Olivia starts to cry.

"I needed you more that ever Larissa and you left. You did this to yourself!" You sob and Marilyn joins the hug.

"Y/n please let me explain!"
"No just leave!"
"But my love!"
"No you don't get to my love me! I did so much for you Larissa, I will forever love you but I will probably never be able to forgive you." You sob, still not looking at her.

She walks to the door and you look up to see her turning around.

"Bye y/n, I love you." And she left the room. She loved you? Then why would she leave? But it seemed genuine? You couldn't forgive her though, she hurt you too badly.

You finished working and drove you and Olivia home. You went to open the door and it was already unlocked. Maybe you forgot this morning? You walked inside to find Larissa in the same position you'd seen her 2 years prior. But with no bags.

"Y/n can I please explain!"
"2 minutes, go!"
"Sobasicallyimashapeshifterasyouknowandigotthatfrommyparentsandthedayisupposedly-"
"Larissa stop talking do fast, I can't understand you."
"Ok, so I am obviously a shapeshifter and it's a rare type of outcast, it tends to stay in certain families. And as the Weems' are shapeshifters, so is my dad. And as a shapeshifter, the easiest people to transform into are your family. So that day I 'left you' it was my dad. I was here wrapping presents and he came in and kidnapped me. I was locked away across the country and couldn't do anything. I managed to escape about 6 months ago but I went to court to press charges against my dad so couldn't come get you. But he's behind bars for life now. And I'm here y/n, I'm back home and ready to continue our life." Tears roll down both of your faces as she talks.

Olivia goes to hug her but you pull her back. Larissa stares at you, a look of hurt in her eyes. Suddenly, Marilyn walks in.

"Y/n! I'm back!" She walks into the kitchen and stops when she see Larissa.
"Larissa, what are you doing?"
"Leaving!" She snaps, and pushes past you, walking to the door.

You instincts kick in and you chase after her, calling her name.

"Rissa, wait!"
"What do you want y/n?"
"Why are you leaving?"
"Because you've moved on!" She starts to cry
"With Marilyn? No! I couldn't do it myself Larissa, I needed help. She moved in but I promise nothing ever happened, except that I accidentally kissed her once. You not being there was so hard Larissa, like I married you at 20! I mean, im going to spend literally my whole adulthood with you and then you leaving broke me and Nevermore."
"I'm sorry y/n, I'm just so overwhelmed and I missed you and Olivia so much. You don't know how much I just wanted to jump back into your arms. I love you y/n and I always have. I promisetl never leave you again darling. I cant bare the thought of life wifhout you."

You stand there not knowing what to do.  You walk up to her, kissing her softly and walking back inside, gesturing for her to follow you. She does obediently and you both sit on the sofa. You sit in silence before breaking down into her arms. She pulls you close, kissing your cheek. You sob into her chest and she holds you. How you missed how she held you. And how her kisses were so soft.

"I love you so fucking much Larissa, you have no idea how much I need you back." You sob.
"I love you too y/n, I am so sorry for what happened, I never want to leave you again!" She's crying now too.

Olivia comes into the lounge and joins your hug. You go get a drink while her and Larissa have some time together.

You go to see Marilyn who was packing her bags.

"I'm going to miss waking up to you every morning!" You chuckle, standing in the doorway
"Yeah well I'm sure Larissa can make up for that!"
"I love you Mari, thank you for these past 2 years, I couldn't thank you enough."
"I love you too y/n but you aren't getting rid of me that easily, you still have to see me every day!"
"Do you think I mind?"
"Stop being so flirty your wife's back!" She laughs
"She doesn't have to know." You whisper, taking a step closer. Marilyn blushes and you laugh

"Did you really think I was going to do something? You are so bloody gullible Marilyn!"
"Shut up! I'm packed now, I will see you in school!"

You both walk downstairs and you see Marilyn out. You hug her tightly before she gets in her car and leaves.

You go back inside and hug your wife. You hug Olivia too, you'd missed your family.

1261 words

You can all love me now but there is more drama coming because I love making you all hate me