🌻⁷²

Benedict and Sarah made their way through the hospital hallway. After getting the call from Susanna, Benedict called his mother to drive him here.

Susanna stood up once she saw them. Her eyes were puffy and red.

"Where is he?" Benedict asked.

"In surgery"

"What happened? Was it a robbery gone wrong?" Sarah asked and Benedict shook his head.

"It's Cj...."

Susanna frowned.

"Cj? Xavier's manager?"

"Yes. Cj has been stalking us for sometime now."

Susanna then gasped.

"Wait....so Cj is the one who sent you the horse's head?"

Benedict nodded. Sarah was really worried. Cj is proving to be a more serious threat.

"Let's not worry about Cj now, we should wait for news about Xavier" Sarah spoke up.

Benedict sat down, he closes his eyes as he took deep breaths.

"Are you okay honey?" His mother asked. Benedict shook his head, tears flowing down his face.

"I should've went with him" he said. Maybe he could've driven Cj away and maybe, just maybe....Cj would realize what he was about to do if he had seen Benedict's growing belly.

Sarah and Susanna exchange a worrisome glance. They sit next to him and hug him.

"He'll be okay, I'm sure of it" Susanna whispered, hand on Benedict's back.

He took a deep breath. What if Xavier died? What would he tell their kids when they grow up? Just the mere thought made him cry even more.

The operation room doors open and the doctor walks up to them.

"May I have a word with the patient's family"

"We're all his family. You can talk to us" Susanna declared.

The doctor nods and takes a breath before she spoke.

"We managed to stitch up his stomach, however he lost a lot of blood so he'll need a transfusion. we have put him in an induced coma so his stomach heals up"

"How long will the coma last?"

"2-4 weeks maximum"

Benedict nodded. As long as Xavier is going to be okay.

"Xavier is blood type AB" Susanna said.

"Skye and Jonathan are AB, maybe we can call them?" Sarah Said looking at Benedict.

"Johnny is packing with Cameron so he's a bit busy. I'll call Skye"

═───────◇───────═

Cameron smiled at Jonathan who was helping him pack their bags.

"Should I get your mother a birthday gift?"

"Do you know how to bake?" Cameron asked. Jonathan shook his head.

"No"

"Then you don't have to....my mom prefers baked goods as gifts. If you can't bake then you can just make her laugh"

Jonathan nodded and zipped up the bright blue duffel bag.

"What time do you want us to go? I can book the flight" Jonathan said as he turned on his laptop.