•Chapter 23• Venice

Brad managed to sit next to MJ during the flight. Peter couldn't help but feel a tad jealous. Brad was straight-up flirting with her all the time. Every moment he could, he just swooped in on her. Michelle didn't seem too impressed. She kept a close eye on her two friends. Mostly Peter. Ned was sitting next to Betty. Unbelievable. They started laughing and chatting a little. Peter and Ned met up outside again. After this horrible flight, sitting next to his teacher, all he wanted was to chat with his friend. "Hey, did you see Brad and MJ on the flight?" Peter questions. "Yeah," Ned chuckled, "I'm sure it's nothing." He assured him. Suddenly, the blonde girl approached them. "Hey, babe, can you hold this?" Betty asked Ned. He turned to her and smiled. Peter furrowed his eyebrows together. "What just happened?" He questions. " Uh, well, we got to talking on the plane, and it turns out, we have a lot in common. So we're boyfriend and girlfriend now." He explained to his best friend. Peter was even more confused now. In just a couple of hours all that happened? Is that what happens when he's not around? "Whatever happened to being an American bachelor in Europe?" Peter asks. Ned had rambled on and on about that. Even toward Peter. Something about Europeans loving  Americans. Typical Ned. "Peter, those were the words of a boy. And that boy met a woman. A very strong and powerful woman. And now that boy's a man." Ned replied. Again, very typical Ned. Overly dramatic. Betty called out to him and he walked over to his new girlfriend. Peter shook his head, just very confused, and followed them.

After some trouble at the airport, Peter and his classmates got on a small boat. She entered the canal. Venice was beautiful. Everyone looked around and took pictures. Ned and Betty sat together. For some reason, Peter couldn't keep his eyes off MJ. He still felt a bit jealous that she and Brad were having so much fun. He didn't know why it bothered him so much. It just did. He also felt bad for MJ. She planned this whole trip with Y/n. When she canceled at the last second, MJ was hurt, although she wouldn't show it. Peter knew she was disappointed. An idea popped up in his head. He would give her something. To cheer her up. When MJ locked eyes with Peter he quickly turned away. A slight heat rose to his cheeks. He just really wished Y/n could've joined them. And there was still a big possibility that she wasn't coming. This bothered Peter a lot. This was going to be something they would do with their friends. Have a trip together. Romantic dates across the world, and, for a change, she wouldn't be the one paying for it. Y/n mostly paid for dates. He hated it. He simply couldn't afford it. He missed her. This trip could already be flushed down the drain. But he was trying to be optimistic about it all.

The group arrived at their small hotel. It wasn't much. The ground was covered in water. Peter was waiting for Flash to make some rude comment. Something about this being better than Peter's house. He wouldn't be surprised. "Looks like we're here. They're doing renovations to the place. Getting some upgrades. Oh, this is trash. That must be the concierge. Okay." Mr. Harrington spoke up. The class passed their teacher to get over to the dry stairs. "Please, tell me we're not staying here," Betty says. "This place is sinking," Flash complained. His teacher glared at him. "I think you mean charming." He corrected the boy. The bully rolled his eyes and ignored the teacher. "This stinks," Betty adds. "Okay, everybody, drop your bags off. We're gonna meet at the da Vinci Museum at 3. Let's go!" Mr. Dell joined in. "Vamonos!" Mr. Harrington said. MJ passed her teacher and glared at him. "It's Andiamo." She corrected him. "Andiamo! There you go!" Mr. Harrington corrected himself. Ned made his way up the stairs. Peter and MJ followed him. "I'll save a spot for Y/n," MJ says. Peter glanced down at his feet. "For what?" He mumbled. His two friends glared at him. Ned furrowed his eyebrows. "What?" he chuckled awkwardly. "She's still coming," MJ tells him. He glanced up at her. "I wouldn't count on it." He says. Ned gives his best friend another glare. He hates it when Peter acts like this. Ned turned to MJ and gave her a look as well. She was probably thinking the same. But he wasn't sure. MJ and Peter have been growing a lot closer lately. And he wasn't too happy about it. "I'm sorry. She's working hard. She's not coming to Venice. We're lucky if she's able to come to London." Peter says calmly. MJ sighed a little. There was always something being added to her to-do list. That was nothing new. But Ned knew that she tried. She wouldn't bail on her friends like that. "She's not bailing on us," MJ said. "She is!" Peter snapped at her.