•Chapter 87• Bad, Bad Person

"You know, when I saw you like that, I was a bit scared." Y/n looked up with glassy eyes after the mug with warm liquid was set down in front of her. "Never thought I'd see you holding that thing." They both turned to the copy of Loki's staff. Nothing good ever came from that thing. Infinity stone or not. "Dad-" Y/n started. What was she supposed to say to that? She knew how much trauma he still had from those days. It broke her heart thinking she may have brought them back to him. "I get it. Hey." He stood beside her, tilting his head a little. "I'm glad you didn't use your blasters." He kissed the top of her head. He kept one of his hands placed on her back. "I don't even know why you followed me here," Y/n admitted. She did not expect her father – of all people – to show up here in the middle of her rampage. "You stormed out." Y/n could feel the guilt wash over herself again. Morgan. That poor girl must think her sister hates her. "Y/n, what happened with your friends?" 
She didn't leave a detail out when she told her father what happened with MJ, how they both said some unreasonable things, that Y/n tried to apologize, and that Peter was in the middle of it all with Ned. "Might see it in the media-" Tony started telling her. "I can handle the media, Dad. It's MJ that I can't stand right now. How could she say that?" When the tears started to form in her eyes again, Tony wrapped a strong arm around his daughter and kissed the top of her head. She did not cry but felt like she could. "Am I a bad person?" It was a question Tony never expected from her. Y/n's intentions were only ever good. No matter what she did, she always wanted to do right. "Why are you asking me that, squirt?" 
"Because I feel like a bad person."

Y/n felt her stomach twist and her heart clench. Had she really been that bad of a friend to them? Did Ned think of her that way too? He never said anything. "You shouldn't have let me go out of the building. That would have been better." At this point, it did feel like that would have solved everyone's problems. Tony, however, did not agree with her. He let go of her and glared sternly. "Don't even start with that." He raised his big hand and brushed some hair from her face. She seemed small all of a sudden, almost like a child again. "Who cares what they think? You work hard - harder than I ever did - you want to change the world. And if they can't appreciate that, then they're idiots. You showed up, didn't you? You wanted a nice night out with your friends and rightfully so. Don't let that girl get into your head like that. There's already too much going on in there." Tony pressed another kiss to his daughter's hair. He never wanted to see her saddened like this. To think that her friend caused this. "I wish Nat was here too." Tony sighed and rubbed her back very gently. He reached into his pocket with his other hand and grabbed his phone. Y/n rested her head against her father's chest and looked at his screen. "Texting Pepper that you're okay and that we're staying here for tonight." Pepper was furious with Y/n. When Morgan told her mother what happened, she snapped at Y/n and refused to listen. Tony did not want Y/n to be alone here all night. "Come on." Y/n picked up her mug and followed her father to the seating area. 

The night was growing darker. His aunt said goodnight and headed for bed. Peter got to his bedroom and got ready. May tried to talk him out of patrol tonight, but the truth was, he needed a distraction. He needed to do something. To take his mind off of things. He pulled his Spider-Man suit on and crawled out the window of his bedroom. It felt a lot like a few years ago when he was just starting out. When none of this was too complicated. Being Spider-Man was always – somehow – easier than being Peter Parker.
Swing through the city calmed his mind. It always has. Some would consider it strange because these cities never sleep. Sirens and car horns would go off everywhere. The lights were still on and there were still a lot of people out. Peter remembered feeling some kind of thrill when he used to sneak out every night. The feeling was still there, just less tense. It was nice. May knew, so she wouldn't have to worry if she walked into an empty bedroom the next morning. Ned knew, so he would have a reason why Peter was so tired. MJ knew, because... Well, she's MJ. Thinking about it, it felt weird that Y/n always knew about Spider-Man's secret identity. Not a bad weird. Peter would not want to have that conversation with Y/n Stark. Having to explain where he went every night? Lying to her? She would have dumped him, and rightfully so.
Peter smiled to himself about what could have been. Maybe there was a timeline or a universe where Y/n did not know about him being Spider-Man. Maybe she didn't know him at all.
The other Peters did mention a Gwen and another MJ. It's possible that they had yet to meet Y/n in their universes. He doesn't remember everything they told him. There was a lot going on back then. Way too much.