•Chapter 41• Remember You

"Where are we going, exactly?" Y/n asks her father. Tony gives her a little smile. "We're going on a little road trip. It'll be fun." He answered. She hesitated and stepped into her father's car. "Where to, Boss?" The AI, Friday, asks them. Tony fixed his jacket as he sat down. "Uh, Queens," he ordered. "Alright, boss," Friday replied. The car starts driving. "Dad, where are we going? I promised Nat I would train with her later." She said. Tony got out his hologram. She watched the familiar web-slinger she found on YouTube a while back. She was very intrigued by this masked superhero. "Spider-Man?" She questioned, "What do you want with Spider-Man?" She added. Tony put the hologram projector back into his jacket. "I want him on our team." Her father tells her. Her eyes widened a little. "Our team?" She asks. He nodded. "You mentioned him. I think you two together could accomplish... well, something." Tony responded. A small smile appeared on her lips. "You want us? The both of us? Like him and me?" She asks him. "Just this once. Don't think this is going to become a reoccurring thing. You're not an Avenger." He tells her sternly. Y/n nodded but felt very excited. "I can't believe you're letting me fight." She mutters. "It's more of a test run for your suit. Just to see it in battle. I want to know if the suit works and if I should keep letting Miss Romanoff and our Captain train you." Tony defends himself. Y/n chuckles. "Yeah, sure. You're letting me fight." She smiles. "One-time thing, Squirt. You and he make a team. You gotta be nice to him." Tony instructs. "I'll always be nice to Spider-Man." She answered. 

"How do you know who I am?" Peter asked her, "You shouldn't know my name. You're not supposed to know who I am. I was wiped from your memory. I do not exist. That's what Strange said he would do. That's what I asked him to do." Peter rambled. The boy was going on and on about how she couldn't know he was Peter Parker. That boy wasn't here anymore. Like a dream long forgotten. Y/n smiles at him kindly and reaches out for his hands. "Parker," She started. Peter quickly yanked away his hands. He started shaking his head. "No, no, this isn't happening. You're playing with me, right? This is a joke. This can't be real." He mumbled. He puts his hands on the back of his head. He couldn't calm his thoughts. He shuts his eyes while he thought. How could this be possible? She left. She had to leave to be safe, just like Ned and MJ. She steps closer to him. The young Stark reached out her hand to touch his shoulder. Peter quickly responded by spinning around and grasping her wrist tightly. "No, Strange wiped your memory!" He blurted out in a yell. Y/n jumped a little at the volume of his voice. But she kept looking at him with soft and loving eyes. That never changed. "For months... s-so you knew who I was? You never came looking for me?" Peter asked her. "I searched for you, Peter. And I found you." She smiles, "You were just starting to get your life together. A new life. I wasn't ready to squash that new reality for you. I wanted to give you time and space. That's all I wanted for you." She explained calmly. She loved him so much. Even at a time like this. She wanted nothing more than to be with him. But this was Peter's chance to start over. And Y/n wanted him to have that opportunity. "You found me?" He asks. "Well, yeah, you were a lot easier to find than a former Russian spy." She chuckles, "Besides, you promised you would come and find us. When you didn't, I figured I would look for you myself." She continued. Peter was silent after that. He just stared blankly at her. "I've missed you so much." She added. 

Peter steps forward and scoops her up in his arms. She smiled brightly, small tears appearing in her eyes. Peter couldn't hold them in either. He buried his head into the crook of her neck and shoulder. "I don't know why I'm crying." He muttered. He missed that scent. He loved that scent. "I love you so much." He tells her. Before she could say it back, Peter lifted his head and pressed his lips against hears. The kiss was so desperate. He needed to feel her. He needed to be with her. He furrows his brows slightly while kissing her. His hands moved up to the sides of her face before they slowly started to trail down her waist. Y/n placed her hands on the back of his neck to pull him in. "I missed the taste of your lips," Y/n mumbled between kisses. It was cheesy, maybe, but the boy could feel the butterflies in his stomach. Peter pulled away slightly, keeping barely any air between them. Their hot breaths brushed against each other's skin. He kept his eyes shut for a few seconds afterward. As if he needed to process it all for a second. She was back in his life. Forever? He wasn't quite sure of that. When he did open his eyes, he looked directly at her. "Don't leave me again." He pleaded. His voice sounded a bit hoarse. She shakes her head. "Not ever." She assures him. "I love you." He repeated. "I love you, too, Parker." She smiles at him. In the back of his neck, her fingers played with the ends of his hair. "So, what do we do now?" She asks him. Peter shrugged. "I don't know." He said, "I still can't believe you know who I am." He muttered. His hand moved to her cheek. She turned her head slightly to kiss the palm of his hand. "We can go back to the way it was. Everything will be exactly the same." She says. Something in his eyes shattered. She could almost hear his heart breaking. "Almost everything." She corrected. He let out a sigh and runs his hand through his hair. "Alright, well, I should probably head back." He mumbled. He didn't want to leave but he also didn't want to intrude her space. He walked over to the window. She followed him toward her window. She wrapped her arms around him from behind, resting her arms on his shoulders. "You can stay if you want." She tells him. The young Stark swings his mask back and forth slightly in front of his eyes. He smiles at her. She steps aside for Peter to go back inside.

Y/n lay on her pillows as Peter rested on her chest. She played with his curls as he lay there listening to his girlfriend's heartbeat. "Do you think anyone else knows?" Peter asked her. Y/n shrugged a little. "I'm not sure." She answers. He looks up at her. "I think Strange didn't want you to lose another important person in your life. You lost so much. Maybe he changed the spell so I'd remember you. So you wouldn't be all alone in the world." She shares her theory. He looks up at her slightly. Y/n leans down and kisses the top of his head. Her fingers remained tangled with the curls on his head. "He really likes you." She reminds him. The corners of his eyes crooked up a little. "I'm happy you're back." She tells the boy. "I'm glad I came." He added. His fingers trailed over her exposed parts of the skin. Her sleeping shirt had raised up slightly when Peter lay down. A small grin on his lips. He looked like an excited little child. "You're so adorable, I wanna squish your cheeks." She tells him. He looks up at her again. "I'm sorry I didn't come to you sooner." She said. The boy sat up slightly resting on his elbows. Her body was trapped between his arms. "I promised I would find you guys. It's kind of my fault." He admitted. "It's no one's fault, baby. I'm just happy you're okay." She replies. His eyes lit up at the nickname. His ears flushed red making her grin. "Uh, do you still talk to Ned and MJ?" Peter asks, trying to change the subject. Y/n nodded. "Yeah, they're very excited about MIT." She answers. Guilt was already filling her brain. Peter was starting from the ground up. No MIT, no Midtown High. 

"How's Morgan?" Peter asked her. Deep down, he expected that answer to crush his soul. He never had brothers or sisters. Morgan was the little sister he never had and he really cared for her. He wanted to protect her the same way he promised to protect Y/n. "She's alright. She's getting ready for school." Y/n tells her. "She's already going to school?" He questioned. She nodded proudly. "She's very excited." She said. "Do you think she'll ever remember me?" Peter mumbled. "Only one way to find out." She smiles, "We can reintroduce you two. I'm sure my mom would also love to meet my boyfriend again." She giggles. It all sounded a bit ridiculous. To her, nothing really changed. But her mother would freak out if she saw them like this because she didn't know who he was. It was all very strange and confusing. She stroked his hair gently. "Everything will be okay. Maybe we can make everyone remember." She said. "You sound so confident." He smiles. "Strange just tampered with their memories. He didn't change what happened. They will remember at some point. We just need to give them a little nudge." She explained. A small weight was lifted off his chest when she said that. She was right. Strange didn't change what happened. He only altered their memories of who was there when it all happened. That's why Peter was still in the pictures Y/n had in her room. Peter Parker wasn't wiped from existence or anything like that. "You're right." He says.

Y/n noticed the slight joy in his eyes. A glimpse of hope. Something she hadn't seen in a very long time. This was genuine happiness. "We just need a little time." She tells him. He jumped up, a little excited, and pressed his lips against hers again. She smiled into the kiss wrapping her arms around her boyfriend again. One of his hands raised up to cup her cheek. The other one supported him as he hovered over her. She smiles into the kiss and placed her hands on his chest. "Pete, we should take it easy." She whispers. He looks down at her lips while panting. "Sorry," he apologized. "It's alright." She assures him. He pecked her lips one last time before snuggling back into her like a little puppy. She loved having him this close again. They barely had any time to cuddle when she started working for Stark Industries. And after that, it didn't take long for the world to figure out Spider-Man's secret identity. "This is nice," Y/n said. "It is," Peter replied. He lifted his chin again. "So, uh, what have you been up to?" He chuckles. Y/n didn't respond. It was almost as if she didn't hear him. Peter nudged her slightly. She glances down at him. "Huh?" She says. "I asked you what you've been up to while I was gone." He repeated. "Oh, yeah, uh..." She started, "I've been working on a new project." She answers. Peter furrows his eyebrows slightly. She was acting weird. "Something wrong?" He asked. She shakes her head. "No, no, nothing's wrong. It's just... I don't know. I haven't really told anyone about it yet." She answered. She gently plays with his hair some more. "Is it alright if we talk about this later? Right now I just want to cuddle and sleep." The young Stark suggests. Peter nodded and shut his eyes. "This is gonna be the best sleep I've had in weeks." He mumbles. "Same." She chuckles, "Goodnight, Spider-Man." She added. "Goodnight, baby." He whispers.