•Chapter 74• A Little Invasive

"She's beautiful." Harley sighed dreamily whilst looking at the glasses. "Do you want me to give you two a moment or-" The blonde glared at her. Y/n holds up her hands in defense. "It was a suggestion. Jeez, you don't have to throw daggers at me." Harley rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to the glasses. "So, your dad made these?" He questioned. "Mhm. That, my dear Harley, are indeed the official Edith glasses. She gives access to Stark Industries' global satellite network, along with security, defense, and tactical intelligence properties. When we connect these to that system we can copy the code she uses, basically transporting Edith into the drones."
"Won't that be a problem? You know with the glasses? Isn't she like super smart?"
"Yes, but it won't be an issue. It would be like making a copy of a PDF file from your phone to your laptop. If you delete or edit the one on your phone, it won't affect the other one."
Harley continued to admire the glasses. He grinned sheepishly before he put them on. "Well, what do you think?" He asked in a cocky tone. Y/n glared at the blonde. "I don't like them on you."
"Oh, let me guess, you love them on Peter?"
"Actually, I don't. They remind me too much of my dad. I only need one of those, thank you very much. The world could not handle two Tony Starks." Y/n said as she took the glasses off his nose. Harley looked up at her with dreamy eyes. Y/n glanced down at him and shoved his forehead gently before she stepped away. "Sorry." Harley apologized sheepishly. "You've got to keep that under control, Lee," Y/n told him. She didn't scold or yell – which was a relief. "Y/n/n, I'm sorry. Can't help it." Harley felt the desperate need to hold her close but held back. "Keener, this is my daughter," Tony said awkwardly. Y/n's eyes were wide. She was sure she wasn't supposed to be here. "You have a daughter?" Harley asked. "Yes, and she was supposed to be in her room." Tony gritted between his teeth whilst glaring at his daughter. Y/n folded her arms over her chest. "Well, if you told me why I couldn't come down, then I would've considered it. But you didn't give me a valid reason, Dad." Harley laughed at her comment while Tony mentally facepalmed himself. "I'm Harley." The girl smiled at him and approached him confidently. She extended her hand for him to shake. "I'm Y/n."

"Keener? Hello? Lee?" Y/n's current voice pulled Harley from his memory. "You good?" Harley nodded his head quickly and hummed. "Okay..." His eyes glued to her as she turned to walk to the other desk and get some work done herself. Why didn't he stay closer to her? They would've made a good team. Tony liked him. Something in his gut told him that he could be better for her. He didn't have Spider-Man duties that would keep him from spending date night with her. Who was helping her right now? It could've been him, right? Harley cleared his throat and returned to the work on his desk trying to act as casual as possible. "Morgan okay?" He asked. Y/n briefly looked up at him. Was she smiling? "Yeah. She was stalling a bit but she let go of my hand as soon as she saw the arts and crafts corner. Almost felt like I wasn't wanted anymore." Y/n answered. Which reminded her to set a timer on her phone for when she needed to pick up Morgan again. Harley glanced back over when she was on her phone. "And Peter?"
"What about him?"
"Just asking how he was doing. You said he was a bit off after the whole kidnapping thing. I was- I was just wondering." Harley said to her. Y/n put down her phone and connected the Edith glasses to her monitor. "Peter's fine." She answered. Harley huffed. "Bet he was after this morning." He said it without thinking. Y/n dropped everything and turned in her chair to face Harley. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" She barked at him. He holds up his hands in defense. "Shouldn't have said that. It slipped. Sorry." He told her. "No, no, what exactly did you mean by that, Lee? Come on. Might as well say it. You've already dropped the trailer, why not release the movie?" Harley hesitated after hearing her stern voice. "Spill it, Keener."
"Listen! I'm just saying. You come in with a hickey and your hair messy. What else am I supposed to think, huh? You tell me." Harley gave in. He watched as Y/n folded her arms over her chest and looked at him sternly. "We just kissed. I told you that." Was it even Harley's business? "Seems like he did a little more than just kissing. He marked you up, Y/n/n. And not a small love bite. It's like a poisonous spider bit you or something. Yes, pun intended." Harley smirked a bit at that last part. Y/n just sat there. She felt like she needed to defend Peter and her relationship. What was there to defend? It was none of his business what they were doing. Then again... Harley is one of her oldest friends...