•Chapter 65• Mission Partners

"Here? How did he even get in?" Y/n murmurs under her breath. Damned Nick Fury. How was it she could never keep track of him? It should be possible. If he can do it, so can she. The car she was just in quickly sets out to park itself in the garage. "Hey!" Peter hopped down - out of nowhere- beside her dressed in his Spider-Man supersuit. She feels herself become a bit flustered by Peter's sudden appearance. "Hi." She said. "Is Fury inside?" Peter asked her. "Yeah, I suppose so. I guess I can throw those cameras and security systems away. Doesn't seem like they're working." Peter chuckled and went ahead to open the door for his girlfriend. "Thank you, Peter." Spider-Man trailed closely behind her as they walked through the facility. Something didn't feel right, though, about being here. "Your parents didn't go too hard on you, did they?" Y/n had briefly told Peter about what happened that morning with the whole hickey situation. She had a conversation with her parents that didn't go well, but didn't go bad either. Long story short, Tony and Pepper would appreciate it if they didn't sneak around all the time but will try to respect Y/n and Peter's wishes and boundaries a bit more. Y/n shakes her head slightly. "No, no, it was just a very awkward situation, you know." Peter understood that better than anyone. May had awkward conversations with him a lot. Especially since he started dating Y/n. The boy just followed his girlfriend through the facility as they looked for Nick Fury. That guy had to be around here somewhere.

"Here we are." Nick Fury glanced up from his drink at the two teenagers at the sound of Peter's voice. "Indeed you are. Glad you could come. Have a seat." Peter happily sat down on the bar stool across from where Fury was standing. Y/n narrowed her eyes at the man, though. "How did you get in?" She asked him sternly. "I have my ways."
"You broke in." Y/n filled in. She was not happy. Nick Fury laughed in response. "I don't think this is very funny." Fury holds up one of his hands in defense. "Calm your nerves. There is nothing wrong with your systems. I just have a way around them."
"So you hacked into them?" 
"I might have." Nick Fury answers, "I'm better than you, though. Older too. More experience." He made it sound so casual. But if Nick Fury could break in, that means anyone can. The system is supposed to be indestructible. She would have to work on that. "What is it, Fury?" Y/n tried to move on from the systems that Fury hacked into. "I told you, I have a job for you two." Peter looked at the man hopefully. He was desperate to have something more prominent to work on again. Not that he didn't love the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man duties. Sometimes he craved a little more. "Yeah? What is it?"
"I need you two to find someone for me. Someone important." Fury explains. A holographic image appears of a broken device but neither Y/n nor Peter could tell what it was. "Ever since you had that little encounter with the Multiverse, we reinstalled these devices. They're some sort of satellites that keep track of any multiversal danger." Y/n watched closely at the broken piece of appliance. "So these are in space?" Nick Fury shakes his head. "No, these are not. These are stationed here on earth. But, see this?" He points at the fried antennas, "These have been based on some sort of weapon. Something similar to what Mysterio used in Prague and London." 

Peter's mouth dropped open wide as well as Y/n's eyes. "Mysterio is back?" Y/n heard the crack in Peter's voice. She placed her hands on his shoulders and kissed the top of his head. She can only imagine how scared he must be. "We don't know that. It might be one of his minions. Could be a copycat. Could be something completely different. We have picked up a signal somewhere in the city. We need you two to check it out. With your technology and your senses, you might be able to pick up something we can't or haven't already." Y/n exclaims a small sigh. "I thought you were clever, Fury. You hacked your way through my systems, haven't you? Why do you need me?" She questioned. "It took me weeks, Stark. Your technology is well beyond your father's and you know it." Fury replied, "Can you do it?" Y/n focused on Peter. The boy was just staring into oblivion. Mysterio might be back. How could that be? "It's up to you, Peter." She tells him. Peter wouldn't move. He was reliving everything that happened with Mysterio now a year back. This couldn't be happening. What if Beck has indeed returned? Could Peter's secret be revealed all over again? He can't go through that again. "If it's him... then I want to find him," Peter mumbled. Fury gave him a nod. "Good. Get your gear."  Y/n looks at Nick Fury a little shocked. "What? Now?" She asked him. 
"Yes, now. You and Spider-Boy here. Go on."