•Chapter 4• You're the....

Peter climbed up the wall of the apartment building. He jumped from wall to wall, climbing up to his window. He slowly opens the top of the window and looked inside. May passed by in front of his open bedroom door. He climbs into his room. He closed the window with his feet as he crawled across the ceiling. He pulls off his mask and throws it away. He shoots his web at the door and pulls on it. He then let go of the ceiling and closed the door as quietly as possible. Peter turns around to find a shocked Ned sitting on his bed. The Lego Death Star he was holding in his hands crashed on the floor. It broke into pieces again. "What was that?" May called from the other side of the door. Peter turned to his door. "Uh, it's nothing! It's nothing!" Peter called out. He turned back to his best friend. "You're the Spider-Man. From YouTube." Ned responded. "I'm not! I'm not!" Peter assures him. He pressed the spider emblem. His suit became baggy again and fell off his body, leaving him in only his boxers. Ned pointed his finger up. "You were on the ceiling." He said. "No, I wasn't. Ned, what are you doing in my room?" Peter asked him. "May let me in. You said we were gonna finish The Death Star!" Ned tells him. "You can't just burst into my room!" Peter complained. The door behind him opened. He stepped out of his suit and next to Ned to see who opened the door. May stepped inside and let down her hair while laughing. "The turkey meatloaf recipe is a disaster. Let's go to dinner. Thai? Ned, you want Thai?" She asked as she fixed her hair. "Yes," Ned answered still completely in shock. "No. He's got a thing." Peter tells his aunt. "A thing to do after." Ned continued. May smiled at the boys. "Okay," May said. She pointed her finger at Peter. "Maybe put on some clothes." She tells him. He gave an awkward smile in response and grabbed a sweatshirt. She walked out of the room again and closed the door behind her. Peter turned back to Ned, taking a step back. "Oh, she doesn't know?" He whisper-yelled. "Nobody knows." He replied, "well, I mean, Mr. Stark and Y/n know because they made my suit, but that's it." He added. He pulled on the sweatshirt. "What?! Tony Stark made you that? Wait...are you an Avenger?" Ned asked. "Yeah, basically," Peter answered. "Whoa..." Ned said. Peter stepped closer to his best friend. "You can't tell anyone about this. You have to keep this a secret." Peter tells him. "A secret? Why?" Ned questioned. "You know what she's like. If she finds out people try and kill me every single night, she's not going to let me do this anymore. Come on, Ned, please." Peter begged him. "Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. I'll level with you. I don't think I can keep this a secret. This is the greatest thing that's ever happened to me, Peter!" Ned replied. "Ned, May cannot know. I cannot do that to her right now, you know? I mean, everything that's happened with her, I... Please." Peter pleaded. "Okay," Ned responded as he looked into his friend's begging eyes. "Just, swear it, okay?" Peter asked him. "I swear," Ned replied. Ned then realized Peter said another name. "Wait. Did you say Y/n? The new girl?" He asked his best friend. Peter's eyes widened. "No, no, I didn't." He replied. "Yes, you did, Peter." He complained. Peter guided Ned to the door. "I'll tell you about this at school, tomorrow," Peter tells him. "Wait," Ned stopped him, "How do you do this, and the Stark internship?" He asked. Peter raised his eyebrow. "This is the Stark internship." He tells him before kicking him out.

Later, Peter sat with his aunt in a restaurant. "What's wrong? I thought you loved larb." May said, "Is it too larby? Not larby enough." She asked, "How many times do I have to say 'Larb' before you talk to me?" She continued and let out a laugh. Peter glanced up at his aunt. "You know I larb you." She added. "I'm just stressed. The internship and...I'm tired. A lot of work." He tells his aunt. She let out a quiet sigh. "The Stark internship. I have to tell you, not a fan of that Tony Stark. Distracted all the time... he's got you in your head." She tells him. Peter's attention turned to the news report on the television behind May. The news reporter talked about the robbery that happened earlier that night. He saw himself, in the suit, on the screen. May turns around to look at the screen. After hearing it for a while, she turned back to her nephew. "If you spot something like that happen, you turn and you run the other way." She tells him. Peter nodded in response. "Yeah." He replied. "Six blocks away from us!" May exclaimed. "Uh, I need a new backpack." Peter blurted out. May puts a finger to her ear. "What?" She questioned. "I need a new backpack," Peter answered. May sighed. "That's five." She tells him. A waiter walks up to them and puts a plate on their table. "The sticky rice pudding." He said. May glanced up at him. "Oh, we didn't order that." She tells him. "It's on the house." He replied. He winked at her before walking away again. "Oh, thanks." She responded and turned to Peter, "That was nice of him." She tells him. "I think, he larbs you." He chuckled. May points at herself, slightly surprised. She shrugged it off. "Talking about larbing someone-" she started. "What about it?" Peter cut her off. May smiled at him. "Have you talked to that girl? Y/n was her name, right?" She asked. Peter scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, yeah, I have. She's actually been transferred to my school." Peter informs his aunt. "Oh, that's nice. I bet you don't mind that." She smirked at him. "May, it's not like that. She's my friend." He complained, "She's nothing more than that." He assured her. May holds up her hands. "Alright, alright, just trying to make conversation." She joked. Peter rolls his eyes at her. "Can we just finish and go home?" He asked her. "Sure, grumpy pants." She laughed. Peter started to think about what happened that day. Staring into Y/n's eyes gave him this strange feeling. He didn't even know why he started staring in the first place. He shrugged the thoughts off again and focused on his aunt.