•Chapter 72• Friend Dates

"Dude, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!" Ned said as he shut the door behind him. "I know, it's insane. May! Ned's here!" Peter called out to his aunt. May's head popped out from behind her bedroom door. "Ned! Sweetie!" She hugged him tightly once she'd reached them. "Peter didn't tell me you two were hanging out today." She said. "Yeah, no, we kinda- just talked about it, actually. Ned was done with his homework so we thought we could hang out." Peter wondered if he should've asked May before bringing Ned over. "I'm happy to see you, sweetie. You're always welcome, you know that." May told the boys. She looked at her nephew. "I'm just cleaning out my closet to donate some things. Don't forget that." Peter nodded. "Yeah, I'll do that tomorrow. That okay?" May did it every year. She cleaned out her closet – and told Peter to do the same – and donated it to the home where she worked. Even if they just had two sweaters and a pair of pants, it was better than nothing at all. May disappeared back to her bedroom. Ned followed Peter into the kitchen to grab a drink. "I am so happy we're doing this. Just watching movies and playing video games. We haven't done this in a long time. I brought the Lego Star Wars game." Ned says as he holds up the game in his hands. Peter was happy about spending time with his best friend again.

Halfway through the game, the boys took a break. "So, you and Y/n are doing the anniversary thing?" Ned asked. "Yes, yes. I'm actually kind of excited. I don't know what we're doing, though." Peter answered. Ned shrugged and took a sip from his drink. "Don't you have somewhere special you two went on your first date or something like that? Maybe you can do something like that?" He suggested to his friend. The start of their relationship was very messy. They couldn't go out much with Spider-Man duties and everything else with the Avengers and Y/n's domestic life. Not to mention that they were still going to school. "We didn't really go on dates. We did the homecoming dance again. Went to Delmar's a few times. Movie dates. We only went out... I think twice. And she was paying. For dinner and the plane tickets to Italy." Ned laughed at that. He remembered very clearly when Peter texted him that he was in Italy to get pizza some other place than the pizza place down the street. "You said the pizza tasted funny." Ned laughed. "I am not allowed to talk about it. Y/n said I was acting like a child." Peter pouted a bit playfully. "Anything to keep the lady happy." That was true. "Have you talked to her about it?" Peter shakes his head. "No. We'll figure it out. She's hanging out with MJ, though. Maybe they'll come up with something. It wouldn't surprise me if they did."
"Definitely wouldn't be the first time. Do you remember that time they set up a double date? Y/n and a girl in our class who was too afraid to go on a date by herself?" Peter remembered that very clearly. He remembered taking Y/n home in his Spider-Man suit because the guy's friend – whom Y/n was on a 'date' with – was getting a bit too touchy for Peter's liking. "I still don't like that guy's friend," Peter stated. Ned nodded along. When Y/n told the story about the horrid guy, Ned gagged. He could not understand how someone like that was allowed to interact with other human beings. "I would've paid to see that guy's face when Y/n revealed she was Tony Stark's daughter, though." 
"He sure bragged about it. Remember that?" Ned laughed a bit. "He was such a dumbass."

Meanwhile, Y/n was sitting on MJ's bed admiring some of the drawings her friend had made and hung on the wall. "You have to do something with this, MJ. Why don't you do designing? Like anything." MJ shrugged as she walked over to her friend with two mugs of coffee in her hands. "Like what? They're just sketches."
"Like what, she asks. There's so much you can do with this talent. I can sometimes barely draw a straight line." Y/n joked which made MJ laugh a bit. "I'll think about it." Y/n smiled at her and scooted a bit closer to MJ. "We have to talk about your anniversary, though."
"What about it?" Y/n asked. "Well, don't you have some plans? Ideas?" MJ tried her best to nudge it out of her best friend. To her surprise, Y/n shook her head no. "Not really." MJ frowned at her friend. That was unlike her. "Y/n Stark without a plan or idea? Didn't you have a big brain?"
"Ah, yes, I do. Bigger than yours." Y/n replied sarcastically, "We haven't talked much about it. I've thought about it a bit when we spoke on the phone but nothing special." She added. "You don't have like a special place you want to go to? Some special date location?"
"Peter won't like it if I take him to Italy again," Y/n said while shaking her head. MJ couldn't help but laugh even though Y/n was being serious. "I'll go to Italy with you," MJ suggested. "And we will. Next summer. I promise." MJ and Y/n wanted to travel together since the Europe trip didn't go the way it was supposed to. They wanted to go with Ned and Peter as well. A lot has happened since then. "Still can't believe you craved pizza on a date and you just took your jet to go to Italy," MJ recalled. "Hey, I am rich. Call me a brat, whatever, I don't care. I had a private jet and I used it. Until someone blew it up." Y/n replied in an annoyed tone. "Are you still mad about that?"
"Yes! I am still mad about that! How would you feel if someone destroyed your birthday present of a few million dollars? You would be mad too." Y/n said and pointed a finger at her friend. MJ laughed and shook her head a little. "Sometimes I forget you're rich. That was a birthday present?"
"Hey, don't look at me. I asked for something much smaller."