•Chapter 46• Doctor Bruce Banner

"Good morning, Miss Stark. I'm here to inform you that Doctor Bruce Banner shall be arriving within thirty minutes." Friday spoke up for the fourth time that morning. Y/n groaned in her sleep and turned around. "I don't wanna." She whines. Peter's arms found their way around her again as he pulled her into his chest. "Can't Friday let him in?" He asks. "She can. But she wants me to get up. My dad's protocol." She answered sleepily. Peter rubbed his eyes slightly while groaning. "Can't you delete it?" He questioned. She tried to get out of his grip. But Peter's arms were wrapped around her firmly. His eyes were shut tightly and a smug smirk appeared on his face. "Peter, I gotta get up." She tells him. "No. Pretty Girl stay. Pretty girl good." He said in a monotone voice, sounding a bit like Frankenstein. She giggles and wiggles herself out of his grip and crawls off her bed. Peter groaned behind her. He shifted to lie on her side of the bed instead and inhaled the sweet scent that was left behind. "How do always you smell good?" He mumbles into the bed. He only heard her giggle in her bathroom. She soon walked back in and headed straight for her closet. Peter lifted his head slightly. Her hair was brushed and tied in a sloppy bun by her neck. Peter sits up and crawls behind her. He put his head into the crook of her neck again and brushed his nose over her skin. "Don't go yet," he says. She pulls her pants on in one swift motion. She lifted her shirt up carefully, forcing Peter to leave her for a moment. As soon as her shirt was off he found her skin again. "Cuddles." He says. She pulls a black top over her head. "I have a feeling you want a little more than just cuddles." She chuckles. She glances over her shoulder and smiles at him. She leaned forward and kissed his lips before standing up.

She felt something attach to her lower back before she was yanked back. "Please?" Peter asks. She chuckles and pulls the web off her back again. "I'll do anything." Peter pleaded. "Later," She replied and pecked his lips again. "I love you," She says and gets up to leave her bedroom. She could only hear Peter's groans and pleads for her to not leave him. He was being overly dramatic again. She rolls her eyes at him and goes downstairs again. "Friday, could you put some music on in the lab? I want to run a quick check with you before Bruce arrives." She ordered. "Of course, Miss Stark," Friday answered. Her father's music started playing on the speakers as she walked into the lab. "I've been too long, I'm glad to be back. Yes, I'm let loose. From the noose. That's kept hanging about." She sang along while approaching her new creation. Her head moved along to the music while her hands and feet tapped along with the beat as well. "Got a sec?" Someone spoke up. She raised her head slightly. Harley smiled at her awkwardly by the doorway. "Yeah." She tells him. He approached her with his hands in his pockets. "Sorry about last night." She started. He just smiled. "It's fine. I get it. I should've listened instead of trying to be funny." He replied. She shakes her head and leans against her desk while folding her arms over her chest. "Maybe I should've told you a little bit more to ease your curiosity." She admitted. "Probably, yeah." he chuckles. He stood right in front of her and eyed her up and down a little to scan her posture. "You're not the only one who aimed a repulsor at me." He continued. She shrugged slightly. "Should've listened to me." She said.

Harley looks at the mechanics behind her. It was even bigger now that he could clearly see it in daylight. "You built this?" He asks her. "It's my dad's design. I had some help rebuilding it completely." She informs him. He turns back to her. "But it's not Tony's?" He questioned. She shakes her head. "No, it's... It's not the time machine." She answered. "This was a time machine?" Harley asks. She walks past him and gets on top of the platform. "Yeah. See these? These were originally constructed with quantum particles to make someone shrink to the size where they could... travel across time and space apparently." She explained. Harley followed her up the stairs. "That's amazing. Didn't know you studied quantum physics." He says. She shrugs as if it was like learning how to make brownies. "Just to make conversation." She answered. "You know," Harley started. He stood beside her, closing the gap between them slightly. "You really are amazing." He added with a smile. Y/n frowns at him. "No, my dad's design is amazing. I'm still figuring out how I can make my thing work." She said. She turned around to go down the steps again and Harley followed close behind. "Yeah. But I mean you. You're doing all this. Tony would've lost his mind." He chuckles. "He would take it apart. Say it's too dangerous." Y/n filled in. "Exactly," Harley spoke up. Y/n looks up at him again. "The way you reacted last night -" He continued. "I didn't want you to get blown up." She tells him. "Nothing should be blowing up." Harley laughs, "Come on, I can help." He tells her. Y/n sighs loudly. "I've got Peter." She replied. "Even better," Harley said excitedly. Y/n just looked at him and started shaking her head again.