•Chapter 43• The Stark Intern

The two teens sat in the car together. Y/n sat behind the wheel instead of Friday for once. She really enjoyed riding the car. Peter sat next to her seeming a little nervous. "I can't believe we're actually heading out to the Avenger's facility." He mutters to himself making Y/n smile at him. "You've been there before." She reminds him. Peter looks at her excitedly. "Yeah but does that mean I can't be excited?" He asks her. She turns to him with a sweet look in her eyes. She loved him so much. "Are you gonna be able to breathe when we arrive?" She questions. Peter focuses back on the road. "Honestly, not sure." He tells her. She chuckles again and reaches out her hand to grab his. Peter's cheeks flushed a little red as he looked down at their hands. "Parker?" She calls out to him. Her eyes remained in front of her when Peter looked at her. "Are you nervous?" She asks him. He hummed quietly. "Your hands are soft and warm," Peter admits. A grin appears on her lips. "Just keep breathing, Parker. You know, that thing that we do to keep living." She said. "I know what breathing is." He tells her. His free hand reached behind his head to scratch the back of his neck gently. "Well, sometimes I forget when you're close." He mumbles. Y/n gives the boy a little glance. Sometimes he was still that fifteen-year-old boy she met. Shy and nervous about everything. "Where are we going?" Peter asks. "We're just going to get something to drink first. Maybe some muffins too. Whatever you want." Y/n answers. Peter furrows his eyebrows together.

Peter followed his girlfriend inside the coffee shop. A smile appeared on Y/n's lips when she made eye contact with MJ. "Hey!" She greeted her friend. MJ smiles at her best friend. "Took you long enough!" MJ exclaimed. She hurried from behind the counter and embraced Y/n tightly. "The usual?" She asks as she pulls away from their hug. Y/n nodded and briefly glanced over her shoulder at Peter. "Times two. Do you want something special, Parker?" She asks him. His heart jumped in his chest by the constant use of his last name. MJ met his gaze and narrowed her eyes at him. "Don't I know you?" She questioned. "Uh, yeah. I was in here the other day." Peter replies. She nodded as she slowly started to remember him. "Yeah, uh, Peter... Parker, right?" She guessed, causing a small smile to appear on Peter's face. She remembered his name. "Yep, that's me. And no, I'm fine with whatever you ordered." He tells his girlfriend. Y/n gave him a sweet smile and rubbed his arm gently. She could only imagine what was going on inside his mind at that moment. MJ narrowed her eyes at Y/n and pulled her aside for payment. "Who is he?" She asks her friend. "Peter? Oh, he's my new intern." Y/n lied. Well, it wasn't a complete lie. In a way, Peter was her intern, or assistant, right now. "He's cute," MJ whispers to her friend. Y/n glares at MJ. "What? He is. Don't worry, he's all yours. I won't try to swoop in and steal him. I don't care that much actually." She mutters to Y/n. The young Stark looks at Peter standing by the window. "He is kind of cute, isn't he?" Y/n smiles. MJ nodded silently and got the order ready for her best friend.

"So, where's Ned?" Y/n asks. "He should be here soon. We're going to have a trip around the campus this afternoon. He convinced Flash to take us in his car. That's going to be interesting." MJ answers. "Why didn't you ask me to drive you? Or Friday?" Y/n suggests. Her best friend shrugged. "I didn't want to bother you. And I'm glad I didn't." MJ replied. "What's that supposed to mean?" Y/n questioned, starting to feel a little worried. MJ just smiles at the young Stark and leans a bit closer. "You don't just have an intern because he's cute." She whispers. A small blush appears on Y/n's face. Oh, if only she'd remember. "Maybe I do. Maybe I don't." Y/n simply answers. Michelle takes another look at Peter who feels a little like a third wheel right now. Y/n hands the bag with muffins and the cups of coffee to her boyfriend. "Well, we have to head out. Loads to do." The young Stark says. She embraces her friend one last time. "Yeah, I bet," MJ said with a slight smirk. Y/n rolls her eyes and walks out with Peter following close behind. "So, I'm your intern now?" He asks her. She looks at him before opening his car door. "You didn't want to tell them yet. This seemed like a better explanation than 'Oh, yeah no I met him last night but I'm already taking him to my work to help me work on this project I won't tell anyone about. Not even you MJ'." She explains. Peter carefully got in his seat in the car. "Makes sense." He said. Y/n smiled at the boy and kissed his cheek before shutting the door again. When she went to pass to her own side she spotted MJ looking at them through the window. Did she see them kiss? From the grin on her lips, you could tell she had. The young Stark awkwardly waved goodbye to her friend and got into the vehicle.