•Chapter 58• Dad Mode Activated

Tony paced in front of the window while he waited for the kids to return from their little trip to the city. But he was nervous. Y/n shouldn't be out there where something could happen. And without her suit. Anything could happen on the streets of Queens. His daughter should be here, with the medics ready, in case she suddenly collapses or something. Worst-case scenarios are running through his mind rapidly, fogging his brain almost. "Are you okay?" Aunt May was standing behind the man, the usual caring woman she is by nature, and placed her hand carefully on his arm. "I'm fine, Miss Parker." Tony's tone was a little bitter. May took a step back and pressed her lips together not saying another word to the man. He is so tensed up with worry about his child. Peter keeps her safe. He does. He assures himself. Not that those assuring thoughts changed anything, though. He waited anxiously for the car to pull up in front of the gate. He tapped his feet against the floor and fiddled with his fingers while biting his lip. "Miss Stark and Mister Parker will arrive in five minutes, Mister Stark," Friday spoke up all of a sudden. When Tony looked up, he spotted Y/n's car in the distance. Finally, Tony thinks to himself.

"Everything go okay?" May's sweet tone was very soothing instead of controlling and worrying like Tony's gaze. Peter nodded as he wrapped his arm around Y/n's shoulder after she shivered slightly in the cold breeze after she stepped out of the vehicle. "Yeah, but I think they're a little confused. We're on our way to Strange, is he still here?" Tony steps forward and takes the girl from the boy's grasp. "You're freezing." Y/n glances over her shoulder at Peter as her father drags her away from Peter and his aunt while protesting. "Dad, I'm fine. Peter is just -" Her voice disappears when Tony leads her inside the Avengers Facility. May smiles at her nephew and reaches out her hand to him. The boy returns a weaker smile and walks after Tony and Y/n with his aunt. May rested her hand on the boy's arm and gently moved it up and down for comfort. "What were you gonna say, sweetie?" She asks him. Peter scratched the back of his head and let out a sigh. "We want to ask Strange if he can return Ned and MJ's memories. They believe us but they want to remember." May shuts the door behind them. "But they believed you, that's something. I can't imagine what it would be like for someone to find out they don't remember the person standing right in front of them. That must be confusing for them." Peter nodded his head slowly. "It is. That's why we need Doctor Strange. He can release their memories- or restore them- whatever. He is magic." Peter started to ramble slightly causing May to crank up a little smile at him. "What?" The woman shakes her head. "Nothing. Let's go to the kitchen. Make something to warm up. How does that sound?" 

Y/n sat in her bed in her room as Tony pulled the covers over her to keep her warm. "I'm gonna get Bruce to check on you. I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere. I mean it." Tony tells her sternly before exiting the girl's bedroom. She was kind of hoping that Peter would enter right after her father left, but the door remained shut. "Are you tired?" She jumps at the sudden sound of Natasha's voice from the darkened bathroom. The woman stood in the doorway with a cheeky grin after scaring her best friend. "No. I'm not even that cold." She answers, "But my dad... you know." Nat nodded and walked over to sit on the bed with her. "He might as well tie you to the bed." Natasha chuckles. "Shush. He might be outside. Don't give him any ideas." Y/n responded quickly while keeping her eyes on the door of her bedroom. "Keep that job for Peter?" She teased her best friend and nudged her shoulder. "I don't think that'll ever happen." Y/n said a little sadly, "With my dad stalking us and barely even letting me go to the bathroom by myself." She was dying. That's what they said. It makes sense for Tony to be protective. But like this? Who knows, maybe she has a few more years left. Tony lost her twice. Once with the snap, and once when he sacrificed himself. "Maybe you need to talk to your dad," Natasha suggested. "And get into another argument that drains all my energy? No thanks." Y/n rolled with her eyes, "Do you want to deal with him? Can't you do it for me?" Y/n whines. "He's your dad." Y/n groans slightly. Natasha laughed at her childish behavior for a brief second before her facial expression turned more sad rather than happy. Y/n nudged her slightly. "Hey, you okay?" Nat shakes her head in response. "Did something happen?" Y/n questioned. "I needed to talk to you about something that happened the other day."