•Chapter 81• Liar Liar

"Baby, don't leave me," Peter whined and tightened his grip around her waist. Y/n tried her best to wriggle free from him but found herself unsuccessful. "I need to pee." She complained as she tried to shove him away. Peter's grip loosened up a bit. "I won't squeeze you then." He tried to snuggle closer to her. It was warm and cozy. She did not want to leave, and he did not want to let go. "Do you want me to piss my pants? The bed?" Behind Y/n, Harley sat up a bit. "Better let go of her, Parker." Peter groaned and released Y/n from his warm embrace. She did not want to leave but she'd already ignored her bladder for way too long. She thought she could go back to sleep and go to the bathroom in the morning. It seemed like a good idea, but she already regretted it. Y/n looked down at Peter as she sat up. "Keep my spot warm."
"I'm not cuddling with Parker. I don't like you that much." Harley spoke up behind her. She glared at him in the dark. "Didn't ask you. Pete?" Peter raised his hand slightly and gave her a thumbs up. "Will do, my love." The boys kept a distance between them. Y/n's bed was big enough to fit three people on and Harley did not feel like moving after they'd all dozed off. It was late. Harley was not used to this but he was more than happy to be here. Y/n lay in between them, technically speaking, and it made him happy. Peter was the only one destroying his dream. So, they waited – in silence – for Y/n to come back.

The door squeaked again after Y/n shut it. She crawled on top of her bed to lay beside Peter in her previous spot, which was still a bit warm. "You're back," Peter mumbled happily. The goofy grin on his lips – even if she couldn't see it in the dark – made Y/n smile. "Sleep." She said. Harley rolled his eyes beside them. He wanted to tell them to get a room. He felt like a third wheel. That was until Y/n reached out one of her hands and brushed against his softly. He smiled, feeling a little more included. Y/n's phone on the nightstand lit up and started to vibrate. Harley groaned and reached over to ignore whatever idiot was calling him. "Y/n/n, why are people calling you at three in the morning?" Harley complained louder than he intended. Peter groaned and squeezed his eyes shut. He pinched the bridge of his nose as well. "It's two forty-five," Y/n told him. She knew that would result in an eye roll – from both boys – but ignored them. "Why are people calling you?" He whined. "Just shut it off. Or flip it over so the screen is facing down."
"Got a secret boyfriend who needs your attention?" Peter asked her. "What are you talking about? Harley's right here." Harley's muffled laughs sounded behind Y/n's body. Y/n snuggled into Peter's chest – allowing his arms to envelope her further – and sank into his warm embrace. "Shouldn't you be going home, Keener?" Peter asked him. "Pete, be nice." Y/n brushed her nose against Peter's neck. She kept one of her hands against Harley's, though.

"I feel terrible," Y/n said to him. Peter smiled at her softly and touched her cheek. "It's okay. You're a hard-working woman, baby. Ambitious. You're certain I can't help you with anything?" He would take her if he could, but Tony asked him to stay behind to discuss some things about Harley. "Not really. I have a meeting with someone who is interested in my safety software." Y/n answered whilst shaking her head slightly. "That sounds grown up."
"I guess it is." Y/n's hands found the hem of Peter's shirt and fiddled with it a bit. She did not feel too well about leaving Peter alone with her parents when she wasn't there. Her parents liked him and he was able to have a normal conversation with them without it getting awkward like it used to be. But she couldn't help but feel a bit strange about it still. Peter's smile was assuring though. "Some old dude in a suit?" He asked her. "Are you worried about me cheating on you with every man I come across in my life, Parker?" Y/n gave him a look. Peter kissed the top of his head. "No, I just don't like the idea of my girl being all alone in a building with some old creep. Call it Spidey instinct. Just want to protect you."
"Well, you can tell Spider-Man that this is a woman whom I've met before. She's very nice." Y/n smiled at him cheekily. Peter pressed his lips together and nodded. "That does make him feel a bit better." Y/n smiled brightly at him and laughed. She thought it was sweet to see how much he cared for her.